Chapter Seven

Groaning, I woke up when I felt there was a dip next to me. Cracking my eyes open, I saw Jeremy smiling down at me.

"Don't smile at me like that.....it's creepy."

"You were mumbling in your sleep again." His tone told me he wasn't lying.

I shot up, feeling dread crawling along my skin. What did I say this time? Please tell me I hadn't told him about Elijah or Kol. I felt Jeremy's warm hand stroking my face.

"I miss you too." He said gently.

I furrowed my brow and then it hit me. I wouldn't mumble about the Mikaelson's. They weren't what truly had me worried. It was the distance between Jeremy and I. The lies. I looked away and sighed. I was going to say something snarky like 'sleep mumbles don't count' or 'only sleep Jordan misses you'.

"Jordan, I want to...."

I shook my head; I already knew where this was going, and I didn't feel like hearing a promise he would only break the next time Elena's life was in danger.

"Don't Jer. We have been down this path. We keep walking down this path."

"Jordan, please..." He pleaded.

"No!" I snapped. I was feeling irritated and my hand throbbing was helping my anger ignite. I turned my glare at Jeremy. "You made your choice Jer."

"You can be angry with me, I understand. But I love you, always."

I felt him pulling me to him and I let my head fall onto his shoulder. Jeremy could always disarm me with words, and he knew it. It was a secret skill. Mom, dad or Elena could never do what Jeremy does.

"Would you kill me if I killed Elena?" I asked him suddenly.

"I would help you hide the body and run too." He answered kissing my head.

I laughed; he was more then use to the crazy ass questions I always asked him. He always answered them too, putting my mind to ease.

"If you hide my body, I would suggest not the backyard." Elena supplied helpfully.

I looked up to see her round face smiling as she peered through the crack in my door. I gave her a nod and she walked in, jumping on the bed and lying down with her head on my lap.

"How do you want to die Elena?" I asked her sweetly.

She tapped her lip with a finger. I gave Jeremy a look and he was smiling already knowing what I was thinking. We both reach around, grabbing a pillow each and Elena's eyes widened.

"You have the twin look......you have the twin look..." she stuttered. Before she could sit up, we attacked her with pillows.

"Death by pillow beating." Jeremy declared.

We were all laughing, whacking Elena with the pillow. She snatched the pillow from my hand as I was using my weaker hand. Jeremy shielded me as he whacked Elena.

"I surrender." Elena laughed, handing me back the pillow. Jeremy and I grinned at each other.

"Victory." We cheered together. 

We had stayed in tonight, watching a movie in the living room. Elena and I had grabbed pillows and blankets, lying down on the floor in front of the tv. Jeremy had chosen the couch and Alaric sat in the armchair. I smiled, feeling this peace wash over me. I cuddled closer to Elena who in turn, did the same thing.

"He is so hot." I mumbled.

"Agreed. Can't resist Mr Darcy." She replied.

We giggled when we heard a throat clearing.

"Stop it!" Jeremy huffed. I felt a pillow being thrown at me. It landed on my head, I blinked before shifting into a position to scowl at him.

"Your lucky Mr Darcy has my attention.....or I would be walking over there and beating you."

Jeremy rolled his eyes but smiled anyway. He knew better then to get in between me and Mr Darcy.

The movie came to an end, I stretched.

"Is it over?" Alaric asked. Sounding as if he just woke up. I looked at Elena and we both turned to Alaric, bursting into laughter.

"What?" he asked. His hand shot to his face thinking he had drooled or something. 

The next morning, I stretched, turning to look out my window. The sun was just starting to rise. I got to my feet, changing into some running attire, lacing my shoes, well the best I could considering my hand. I crept downstairs and snuck out the house. I jogged along the footpath. Feeling the warmth starting to hit my face as the sun got higher. I turned a corner until I felt strong hands clasping onto my waist, setting the fire within alive. I screamed until one hand covered my lips and I finally looked up to see who my attacker was.

I felt the scream die in my throat as my brows furrowed together. He removed his hand.

"My apologies Miss Jordan, I did not wish to frighten you." Elijah apologies.

I bobbed my head, trying to get much needed air into my burning lungs.

He spotted my hand; I then hid it lamely behind my back.

"Who did that?" he asked.

"It's ok, he apologised." I quickly defended said him.

Elijah rose a brow before a small smile tugged at his lips.

"I believe my little brother doesn't offer those freely. Prey do tell me; how long did it take him?" he asked curiously.

I tilted my head to the side. How did he know it was Kol? Then I figured maybe he thought it was Klaus. It was in Klaus's best interest to cause me harm.

"The next day." I answered him honestly.

"Ah, I see Kol is finally learning manners."

So, he did know it was Kol then. I gave him a confused look.

"I suspected Kol would eventually track you down after him being daggered. I did not suspect him to apologies for said action." He gestured to the hand behind my back. I slowly brought it out.

"He did. I told him I had nothing to do with the attack."

"I see. Would you like me to..." he trailed off. I watched as he brought his wrist to his mouth, about to bite down. I shook my head.

"It's ok. It's a few broken bones. I can deal with it. Plus, it gives me an excuse not to help Caroline with the decades dance next week."

Elijah chuckled.

"Well if you wish to be healed quickly, please do not hesitate to contact myself." He vanished, leaving me standing alone in the street. I ran as fast as I could home, quickly shutting the door before another Mikaelson could corner me.

"Hey early bird, I was just about to see if you wanted to go for a jog." Elena smiled as she jogged downstairs dressed for a run.

"I just went..." I hunched over, trying to draw deep breaths in.

I felt Elena's hand on my back.

"Are you ok? What happened?"  She asked. I turned my head to the side to smile at her.

"Yeah, the new episode....." I took a few deep breaths and then I heard her chuckle.

"I forgot that airs today." She shook her head as she walked out, shutting the door. I shrugged, showering and changing into black tights and one of Jeremy's hoodies. I opened his door to see him sitting up in bed, laptop at the ready.

"Lucky....I was about to press play."

"Liar." I jumped into bed as we leaned back against the headboard, our eyes watching the laptop screen and the new episode of Vikings aired.