Chapter Thirty

I woke up in one of Tyler's spare bedrooms. I stretched out, enjoying the comfy bed under me. I was missing my bed and this one felt closest to it. Tyler gave me a shirt and a pair of boxer shorts which I had changed and slept in last night. After we had compelled me out of the hospital, Matt had picked us up and drove us back here. As I walked into the kitchen, I smiled when spying pancakes stacked on a plate with strawberries, banana and maple syrup. My mouth watered.

"Those are yours." Tyler's voice spoke. I peered around the wall to see him standing by the stove, flipping another pancake.

"Really?" I asked excitedly.

"Would I lie about food, to you?" he asked with a raise of his dark brow. I smiled, dancing over, grabbing the plate and sitting down. I took a bite and moaned a little.

"I miss your cooking." I said between mouthfuls.

"You have only had it like ten times." He reasoned.

"All ten times were a ten out of ten in my books." I grinned with my mouth full of pancake. He laughed, shaking his head turning back. I hummed while I ate, Tyler joining me at the table. I noticed he was shirtless and how toned his muscles were. I looked away quickly, choking on some pancake. Tyler's hand was on my back, hitting it lightly.

"Did you eat too fast?" he asked with a laugh.

"Yep." I nodded, gulping more water to wash down the piece that was trying to choke me.

Matt came downstairs, he too was shirtless, and I found my cheeks heating. Not use to this. Jeremy always covered up at home and I had only seen Damon naked once.

"I think Jordan's blushing." Tyler cooed.

I swatted his hand, feeling my cheeks go even redder. Matt laughed.

"Stop it!" I scowled, not looking at either of them. they laughed before Tyler grabbed my plate, walking away from the table. I glanced up, he started doing our dishes.

"I can do that." I jumped to my feet. Tyler shook his head.

"You're a guest."

Matt had work soon and offered to drop me home. I was still dressed in Tyler's clothes. I looked at him, he was sitting on the couch, playing the game he played when he was over at our place. A smile on his face. His dark eyes turned to me with a questioning look.

"What are your plans today?" I asked.

"Well, I need to swing by the Salvatore's and find out what happened last night. Check on everyone, make sure they are ok." He shrugged.

I found myself grinning, looking down at my hands. This is why I missed Tyler. He knew I wanted to be left out, but he was honest with me. He would leave the details out that I didn't need to know or that I didn't want to know.

"Thanks Tyler." I smiled at him.

"Any time Jordy, you are always welcomed here." He smiled at me, his eyes going back to the screen. I turned to see Matt waiting by the door. I got up, walking over, blowing a kiss Tyler's way.

"See you round. If not, come say goodbye this time."

"I will." Tyler called out to me. 

Matt dropped me off, I walked to the door, unlocking it before I yelled to the house. I couldn't here any movement anywhere and shrugged. As I took two steps up, there was a knock on the door. I frowned. Did Jeremy forget his keys again?

"Coming." I yelled.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door to see Kol standing on the other side. His eyes darted down to my outfit, his eyes narrowed.

"Is there someone here, darling? A man perhaps?" he asked. the last part was said a little louder.

"No?" I answered a little confused. I looked down at the shirt and boxer before it clicked. I was wearing men's clothing. I rose a brow at him.

"Do you want something?" I asked him sweetly.

His eyes were narrowed, and I could see that he was fighting something. Then I saw the black veins under his eyes appeared, fangs popping out too. I flinched back, a little scared. I was glad when he had stepped forward as if to come in but couldn't get past the threshold.

"Kol." I cleared my throat. His eyes darting to my face. He leaned against the door frame before smirking at me.

"Yes, darling?" he asked casually.

"What do you want?" I asked again, this time my voice wavered.

"Next time you plan to join in on killing my brother, I will hurt you."

"You said you wouldn't hurt me." I pointed out.

"You said you didn't want to be apart of their little....group." he paused before saying group.

"Well, I guess that makes us enemies. I won't let go next time I siphon you." I jutted my chin up. putting on a brave face. It sucked when you tried to look brave to a vampire, they could hear your heart beating against you rib cage.

He just smirked before he walked back down the steps, down the pathway and into his Camaro. I watched as the beautiful black car roared away from my house. I slammed the door shut quickly, taking in air into my lungs. Looks like I was going to have to be careful now. Kol liked me as much as Klaus did.