Chapter Twenty-Eight

I had gotten through the day, snapping a few pencils, a few pens and I had even managed to break a guy's nose. To say I was ready to take on Klaus, well I could be on the right path. I had hitched a lift with Caroline to the Salvatore house, Elena was here. I barged through the door.

Elena's head snapped to me, a smile on her face.

"Hey Jords." She grinned.

"Hey. So, what's the plan to kill Klaus?" I asked, sitting down on the couch, arms resting on my knees. Elena looked at me confused.

"Whoa there wonder-girl, you haven't passed initiation to join the Klaus killing club." Damon walked in, blood bag in hand. I blinked at him, he handed it over to Elena who took it and started to sip on it. my eyes turned back to Damon.

"Ok." I said, pushing myself to my feet, walking over and grabbing Damon's wrist. he groaned in pain, falling to his knees. I sucked the magic from his body, before I could kill him again, I let go.

"Jordan gets my vote." Stefan walked in with a big smile.

"I second this." Caroline piped up.

They both smiled at me, I looked down at Damon who glared at me.

"Fine!" I grumbled, pushing himself up to wobbly legs. Elena was over, helping him to his feet. "Why the sudden change of heart?" he asked. his brow arched and I scowled.

"Does it matter?" I retorted.

"Nope. The more the merrier." Stefan answered, walking over to us, taking Damon's other arms and standing him up. 

That night, we sat around trying to figure out the best way to get at Klaus and put him under. Bonnie had found a spell that would desiccate him. we just had to weaken him enough to be able to put him under. Elena had told me how they had killed Finn and watched his sire's lines die out with him. meaning that they could all die if they killed The Original that was their sire. Klaus was all to happy to brag that they descended from him. I grounded my molars, Kol had been right. He was telling me the truth. I was staying in one of the many rooms in the boarding house. Jeremy had found out and was on his way with Bonnie. I sat on the bed, flicking through one of the journals that was in the library of the Salvatore boarding house.

"Catching up on history, darling?" Kol's voice filtered through my ears. I paused for a few seconds before ignoring him. I felt him sit down, the bed sinking, the book sliding closer to him. I scowled.

"What do you want?" I snarled, finally looking up at him.

"I see you have decided to join the gang after all." He mused.

I shrugged, feeling shame wash over me. I hated Klaus and I wanted him dead, yet a small part felt guilty. I bit my lip.

"I won't stop you, but he is my brother." Kol said, his tone strong. I could hear the warning and looked at him.

"Ok." I shrugged again, pulling the book closer to me, going back to reading it. I heard a sigh; I narrowed my eyes on the page. It was becoming harder and harder to ignore him.

"Jordan, I am asking you not to do this."

"Why? He killed my aunt. My sister is a vampire. He has killed Jeremy a few times and he has ripped into my throat. Why shouldn't I help?"

"He is my brother." Kol said. I could hear the pain in his voice. I shook my head.

"That's not good enough. He has had a thousand years to live and yet choose to torture people."

"I know.....I have been daggered a few times over the thousand years." Kol replied.

"Then why not help us?" I pleaded.

"Would you go against Jeremy or Elena if they did what Klaus was doing?" he asked me sharply. I blinked, where did that come from. Elena and Jeremy would never do the things Klaus has done. Hell, I don't think either of them could come up with the things Klaus has done. "I take your silence as the answer."

I looked up as he walked over to the window, opening it. I felt the air chill me, I rubbed my arms, trying to make the bumps disappear.

"What about us?" I asked. I could have slapped myself stupid for that comment. He turned to me with a smirk. His eyes were a lot darker than usual.

"There is no us Jordan Gilbert. You are nothing."

He disappeared into the night, leaving me staring at the spot he had been standing in. My heart shattered at his words.

When I turned back to the book in front of me, I couldn't read it anymore, my vision was blurry, and I could feel the warm tears streak down my cheek. It wasn't like I should have expected very much from him. we had only known each other a few short months. Yet my heart hurt in my chest. I didn't hear the knock as the door opened. I was pulled into strong arms and snuggled in, allowing the tears to pour. Elena held onto me tight, letting me cry my hurt and anger out onto her.