Chapter Forty-Two

I pulled Elena to sit down, glancing at Damon and Stefan who just shrugged. I scowled, not much help they were going to be. I pushed Elena to sit down on the couch, sitting down beside her and gently squeezing her leg. I desperately wanted to hold her hand, but I could feel the need to siphon roaring inside me. I had been siphoning a lot from Kol who didn't seem to mind and the bracelet around my wrist was starting to not feel as strong. I would have to talk to Kol about it later when I get the chance.

"Elena?" I gently asked. I was really starting to feel worried.

"Jordan......." I watched as her bottom lip trembled in fear. I scooted closer, trying to comfort her the best way I could without having to touch her and cause her pain.

"I'm right here." I soothed, touching her face gently. Elena's eyes closed for a brief second before she screamed suddenly, her hand wrapped around my throat. I grabbed her wrist, before siphoning what I could from her. she hissed out in pain, letting go of my neck. Damon threw her onto the other couch, Stefan was at my side, bending down to check on me. my eyes were wide, and fear had a few tears slip down my cheek. I noticed the pain in my throat was much better, due to the siphoning.

"What was that?" I asked.

"We don't know......she killed this hunter...."

"Jeremy." I strangled out, feeling my heart ripping apart.

"No. Jeremy is safe." Stefan said quickly.

"Jordan?" Elena sobbed, falling to the floor, grabbing a hold of her knees, rocking backwards and forwards.

"I'm ok.." I soothed. I made a move to move toward her, but Stefan grabbed a hold of me, shaking his head. I cocked my head to the side, I blinked before an uneasy feeling washed over me. Maybe she had already hurt someone else by accident.

"Jordan?" Elena called out again, her voice breaking as she cried.

"She is right over there." Damon pointed, Elena looked over at me and I smiled and waved at her.

"Jordan." She smiled, the look of relief washing over her face. "You're ok. You're ok." She was reassuring herself, constantly looking over at me. I watched as her body trembled and instinctively took a step toward her.

"Jordan, maybe we should...." Stefan grabbed my upper arm. I looked down at his hand and narrowed my eyes. my fingers itching to grab a hold of him. I let the word he spoke enter my mind. He wanted to talk and privately, away from Elena.

"Ok."

Stefan and I headed upstairs after I convinced Elena that I needed his help moving my bed so I could grab something. We walked into my room, I shut the door, waiting for Stefan, he sighed.

"What happened?" I hissed under my breath, keeping my tone low so Elena and Damon couldn't hear us.

"There has been another Hunter in town. Klaus has been helping us in dealing with him. He trapped Matt and a few others. We saved them but not before Elena ripped into the hunter's neck, killing him. she has been, different ever since." Stefan shrugged.

"How long has she been like that?" I asked.

"A day." He answered.

"Have you asked Klaus?"

"We can't get a hold of him, even dropped by his place."

I tapped my lip, grabbing my phone from my pocket before dialling Kol. There was no answer. I tired another two times before texting him to call me.

"I can't get Kol. I will keep trying though."

Stefan nodded.

"In the meantime, we think you and Jeremy should stay at Bonnie's. No vampires can reach you until we sort this out." I nodded, that sounded like a good idea. I walked into the bathroom and into Jeremy's room. I packed a bag for him, grabbing his school stuff and clothes. I walked into the bathroom, grabbing toothbrushes, my makeup bag and hairbrush before coming into my room. Stefan had another bag ready for me to go. He took the one I had packed Jeremy's stuff in. I threw a whole bunch of clothes, figuring I could always come back if I needed too, to grab some things.

I looked up as Stefan grabbed his phone, answering it.

"Where have you been? We have been trying to reach you." He snarled. My eyes narrowed already knowing who it was. Klaus. He must have said something because Stefan rolled his eyes, before he could reply, there was a flash in the room. Elena.

"You can't have her!" she yelled, snapping Stefan's neck.

I gave a little scream, before feeling Elena's grabbed my arm, dragging me out the house.

"Elena?" I said as we passed out Damon who also had a broken neck. I followed as she shoved me into an SUV. I sat in the passenger seat as Elena jumped into the front, starting the car and speeding off.

"Elena?" I tried again. I felt my heart working overtime as she roared down the road and skidding around corners.

"They can't have you. Your mine to protect." She said, eyes darting all over the place.

"Ok. I'm safe with you."

I tried to figure out where she was taking me, we sped through the town.

"Elena, hey can we slow down?" I asked.

She slowed down a little, nodding. I smiled, thanking her. I could see we were coming close to Whickery bridge.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Elena yelled suddenly, she launched herself out the seat and towards me. her body moved the wheel, causing the car to plunge through the railing of the bridge and toppling over. I screamed as we descended into the river.