Chapter Twenty

I watched Bonnie as she tried to concentrate on doing the unlinking spell. Klaus sat across from us, smirking. I looked away. Klaus always set me off, come to think of it, when he first came it wasn't as bad. Before I could swell further into my thoughts, Bonnie made a noise.

"Bonnie?" I got up, closing the distance between us. I gently placed my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm ok." She smiled at me. I could see the strain in her eyes and turned to Klaus.

"Can she have a break?"

"She can.....if you want me to snap your neck." He smiled at me. My eyes widened.

"Well brother, you would have to get through me." Kol walked in, a drink in each hand. He handed one to me. I took it with a smile before, offering it to Bonnie. She eyed it. I rolled my eyes and took a sip first. She took the glass before draining the contents. I took the glass from Bonnie, placing it on the table. My hand rubbed Bonnie's shoulder gently.

"Are you ok?" I asked her quietly.

"I just....need a minuet." She breathed.

I turned to Klaus and he scowled.

"Very well, I will give you an hour of rest. I expect when the hour is up, you will have figured out how to unlink us."

He got up, stalking out the room angrily.

"Never mind him, darling. He is in a mood. Mother tried to kill us again today." Kol mused.

"Ester?"

"That would be her." Kol smiled at me.

"How?" I asked.

Kol shrugged but I narrowed my eyes when I saw the smirk on his lips. He wasn't going to say, I turned to Bonnie who had leaned back into the chair, eyes closed.

"How long has she been here?" I asked.

"I would say since midday."

I turned back to Kol and gave him a smile.

"Ah, thanks for keep Klaus from breaking my neck."

"I gave you my word and Elijah has given his." Kol replied with. I sighed when feeling my phone going off and seeing Elena's name on my screen. I turned it to face Kol.

"Do you mind?" I asked him. He nodded for me to answer it.

"Hey Elena."

"Hey Jords, are you coming home tonight?"

"Ask Jeremy, he isn't thrilled with me being at home."

"Did you guys have a fight?" she asked.

I sighed. I hated lying to her, but Jeremy and I decided to play it smart until we could figure out our next move with Alaric.

"Kind of..." I mumbled.

"Oh..."

"Give it a day, I will come back tomorrow and talk to him."

"That would be good. I mean....Vikings will be airing."

I grinned. Smart move, to play our favourite show to get us in the same room.

"True that. So excited to see Ivar the Boneless..."

"No spoilers! I am three episodes behind you guys!" Elena grumbled. I laughed.

"Sorry. I will be at Bonnie's tonight."

"She told me you were staying there. I will see you tomorrow. I will even make brownies."