Chapter Thirty-Seven

Elijah had picked me up in a black SUV, I watched as he drove with grace and scowled. How did one make every little thing look so graceful?

I noticed we were coming up to the bridge and my heart started to beat faster. I panicked and reached out, grabbing a hold of Elijah's arm. He pried my hand off his bicep and laced our fingers together.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I shook my head, tears welling in my eyes. this bridge was bad luck for my family. My parents had died here. Elena had died here, even though she was now a vampire. I was terrified by this bridge. We droved over the bridge and I finally let out the breath I had been holding.

"Jordan?" Elijah's voice was gentle, and I turned to him, smiling weakly.

"Just, don't like that bridge." I answered with.

He nodded in understanding. He must have heard the stories by now. I let go of his hand when I felt myself siphoning him.

"I was curious what it felt like." He mused.

"And?" I asked.

"Not as unpleasant as I imagined. Though, Damon seems to disagree."

"Well it serves him right." I folded my arms and nodded. Damon usually asks for it, trying to attack Jeremy and right in front of me.

"Though Kol has stated that it feels rather pleasant."

"Does he?" I asked a little confused.

"Yes."

I nodded. I bit my lip with the thoughts of Kol starting to circle through my head. Was I going to be dead soon? Was Klaus, right? Was it Kol that murdered all those people? If so, why did he do it? I sighed, my brain was working overtime, trying to piece the puzzle together.

"May I inquire what happened between you and my brother?" Elijah asked. the words were out my mouth before I could stop them.

"Which one?" I snorted.

"Kol, though I may inquire about Klaus."

I fidgeted with my fingers, trying to figure out how to word this. I could tell Elijah, he could tell Kol who would tell Klaus, who would then come and snap my neck. every option I had, it always came down to my neck being snapped or my body being drained of blood. Neither option sounded good to me. I still had so much I wanted to do. I wanted to see the world.

"I haven't spoken to Kol really and Klaus, well Klaus is Klaus." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I see." Elijah murmured.

Did he know? Had he figured it out?

"Did Kol..." I trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence. Elijah sighed.

"He lashed out because he was hurt and angry."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek. it was my fault that those people were dead. I had let Klaus scare me; I could have stopped it. it could have just been my death and not all theirs.

"Jordan, I must ask you a favour." Elijah suddenly said. I turned, feeling like I knew where this was going already.

"Ok." I nodded, ready for him to ask the favour.

"I need you to speak with Kol. Calm him down."

"What if he kills me?" I asked, fear in my voice.

"I doubt Kol would hurt you." Elijah assured me. the doubt was what had me frowning. It still meant there was a chance of me being hurt. We pulled up at their mansion, I felt like the world rested on my shoulders as I jumped out the car. I fidgeted with my hand the entire time we walked up the stairs. Elijah escorted me through the house, up the stairs and to Kol's room. He knocked before opening the door. My eyes widened when seeing Kol feeding on that blonde's neck from the other day. I took a step back as his eyes flicked up, landing on me. he dropped her, wiping his mouth on the back of his sleeve. Blood smeared the front of his jumper and I could feel fear crawling down my spine.