Chapter Seventeen

I raced into the Salvatore boarding house, turning from the foyer and into the front pallor. I saw Jeremy's body lying on the couch.

"Jer?" I ran over, dropping to my knees and taking his hand in my own. I could feel a few tears roll down my cheeks.

"Hey Jordan." Bonnie's soft voice spoke.

I turned to her with a weak smile before turning back to Jeremy. I stroked his face gently, hating the stillness of him.

"Is everyone else ok?" I asked, not taking my eyes off Jeremy.

"Elena, Damon and Stefan are in the kitchen. Caroline is on her way with Matt and Alaric. And I'm here with you and Jer."

I remained on the floor as Bonnie sat down on the end of the couch. We waited for Jeremy to wake.

"How long has he been out?" I asked.

"Half an hour." Just as Bonnie finished telling me. Jeremy gasped, shooting up. I jumped back at his sudden violent awakening. His eyes darted around, then landed on me. He got onto the floor, wrapping me in a hug. I hugged him back, looking over at Bonnie. She gave me a gentle smile. I felt relieved. I kissed Jeremy's cheek as he pulled away, still on his knees on the floor.

"Jer?" I looked at him.

"Hey." He smiled at me.

"How are you feeling Jeremy?" Bonnie asked.

He looked back at her, he took my hand within his, lacing our fingers together. I shifted a little bit, feeling like I should give them some space. I untangled our fingers and got to my feet.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy jumped to his feet.

"I need some water; I will be right back." I cupped his cheek before pushing him onto the couch.

I looked at Bonnie who gave me a small nod. I walked through the hallway and into the kitchen. Elena was walking over, giving me a hug.

"Are you ok?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. How's Jeremy?" she asked.

I shrugged. She gave me a confused look. Stefan handed me a cup of water, a smile on his face. I took it with a nod of my head and sipped it. obviously, they were listening in. I scowled pointing a finger at both Salvatore brothers.

"Stop eavesdropping!"

"Like you have anything interesting to say Mini Gilbert." Damon snorted.

"Damon!" Elena hissed. He shrugged and I rolled my eyes. glad to see some things haven't changed. I looked at Damon, feeling guilt tearing into me but before I could say anything, Caroline, Matt and Alaric walked in.

"This kitchen isn't big enough for a meeting." Stefan commented.

"Well Duh! Bonnie and Jeremy are having a moment in the front parlour." Caroline rolled her eyes, her blonde hair flipping over her shoulder.

"What's going on?" Elena asked.

I looked down quickly, I don't think Bonnie and Jeremy are ready to say anything about their relationship just yet.

"Hey Alaric, are you coming home tonight?" I asked to quickly change the subject. I saw Elena look at me with a furrowed brow. She knew something was up and I knew she would grill me later about it. I mentally rolled my eyes at her. I wasn't saying anything to her, that was up to Bonnie and Jeremy.

"I guess so." Alaric sounded a little confused.

I hadn't spoke to him since the kidnapping and doing something to him, thing that went down.