48 | Confessions & Arguments

"Please don't forget me
and all the things we did"

One More Mistake
Chapter forty-eight

❱ "Couldn't we have this conversation in school, did you really have to take me here?" I ask Rory as I make my way inside his house.

He stayed quiet and kept walking towards the house. That's how he's been for the past hour, quiet.

I couldn't even read him and I was dying to know what he was thinking.

"Can you please talk to me?" I ask as I stop and cross my arms across my chest. Like he knew I had stopped, he had also stopped. I heard him sigh before finally turning to look at me.

"We couldn't have this conversation at school, okay?" That's all he said before turning back around and walking towards away. I followed after him and quickly realized that he was taking me towards his room.

I suddenly started to feel alarmed and so I stoped walking.

"I'm going to wait for you in the living room" I said, trying to sound as calm as possible. He didn't seem to notice how uncomfortable I felt and shrug me off.

I make my way towards the living room and sit down on the love seat.

How could I be so careless with Rory? I'm alone with someone who could be just as dangerous as Alec. I know that they are very different people but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable by the thought of it. I don't want to think about Rory like that but after what happened to me with Alec, it wasn't so easy to remove that thought.

"Thea" I turned my head towards the figure who walked in the living room.

It was Rory.

"I told sterling to come over" he said as he puts away his phone on his pocket.

I stand up and glare at him.

"Are you serious right now? I didn't wasn't sure if would tell him, and you think you have the right to make that decision for me?" I'm angry at him, but more at myself for trusting him about this.

"Thea, he's your brother, he needs to know what's going on. He needs to know what these people do to you" I don't hear him out and make my way out but don't make it far enough because he grabs my hand to stop me.

He stares down at me but doesn't say anything.

I stop from trying to get away from him and stare back at him.

"What do you want?" I ask

"I want you to stay here and tell me everything that happened" I scoffed at him.

"So you can run to sterling and tell him everything?" I asked as I looked away form him.

"No" he said dryly.

"So I can help you ruin him" I look back at him, unsure if he was actually being serious. When we locked eyes, he seem like he was being very serious.

"How?" I asked.

He didn't say anything but let go of me and started to walk back.

I didn't have any other choice but follow him back.

I sat back in the love seat while Rory stood up in front of me.

"Alec forced himself onto me, he gripped my wrist a bit to hard. That's it" I felt disgusted talking about what happened and I tried to cut it short but I knew Rory was going to ask questions.

All along, I had looked away because the intense look he was giving me made me feel uncomfortable.

"He forced himself onto you?" He asked but I wasn't sure if he asked because he truly didn't understand or because he couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure which one it was so I stayed silent.

"Thea," he says.

I turn to look at him and when I noticed how he looked at me, it made me look back away from him. He looks at me with a pity look and there was nothing in this world that I hated more.

Pity, fucking pity. 

"I don't need you to be sorry for me, Rory." I say.

I feel myself getting anxious.

"I didn't tell you this so you could look at me like that" I say, ignoring the urge to get up and get out of here.

When I don't hear him say anything, I look at him.

He was staring at me but this time, he looked blankly at me.

"You need to stop seeing Alec. Just because he didn't do anything serious last night, doesn't mean he won't try it again. You need to-"

"It won't be that easy, Bruce is also part of this. He was the one who told to force himself onto me. Bruce was also the one who engaged Alec and I. I just can't walk away from this." I say as I stand up and pace back and forth.

Now that I thought about, I was stuck with Alec. I needed to do something to get away from him and Bruce.

"Come and live with me" I stop pacing and stare at Rory. He couldn't be serious, I mustn't have heard correctly.

"What?" I asked either way.

He walks towards me and stands so close to me.

"Just for a while, because you can't go back there after everything that's happened..." he tries to explain.

"No"

"No, I can't just do that. I just can't because.." I tried to explain why but I wasn't sure why I couldn't.

Because Bruce wouldn't let me just go, he would actually try to kill me if I ever left.

"Because you're afraid of what your uncle might do" he says and my eyes meet with his.

"Yeah, he's capable of anything and I'm afraid of what he might do to me. As much as I want to leave that damn place, I can't."

"So your going to go back and act like nothing happened, act like he didn't just try to sell you out to someone?" He asked, and I could already feel his temper running low.

"Well what else am I supposed to do?" I asked back, my voice coming out louder than I meant it to.

"Live with me" he said just as loud.

Soon it became quiet, our eyes locked into one another.

"Rory" We both looked way from each other and towards the voice.

It was sterling.

He looked between Rory and I, with a frown on his face.

"What's going on?" He asked but I turned to look at Rory but he was already looking at me.

Please don't tell him.

Thank you for 2k reads, like what?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!