15 | Theaters & Kisses

"You don't know
shit
about what happened to
me"
-unknown

One More Mistake
Chapter fifteen

❱ My eyes were locked on Rory Clark, his steps across the hallway were determined and full of purpose. Everyone had moved out of his way as he passed by them but he didn't seem to notice. It almost seemed like he wasn't aware of his surroundings, his eyes were only straight ahead like no one can come his way but I did.

His steps soon came to a stop when he notice I was standing in front of him. His eyes were searching mines looking for something.

"We need to talk" though I felt like everyone was staring, I didn't mind and only kept my eyes locked with his which were looking back at mine.

"About exactly what?" I didn't blame him for coldness. I did after all mentioned his beloved Perry Wilson.

"Not here" I say as I look around, all the students were staring at us curiously. Before he can respond, I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the audience. I was a bit surprised when he had let me pull him away with me.

When I made it to the Royal's theater, I pushed him in before shutting the door.

When I turned around, his eyes roamed around the room until they stopped on me. I take a step towards him before looking around if anyone were around.

"I wanted to say that I stepped out of line yesterday night" his eyebrows only then lifted up as if he were surprised.

"It was unfair and I shouldn't had said what I said" I say as I was now a few feet away.

"That's what you wanted to tell me?" He asked in disbelief.

No, but I'm distracting you right?

"I felt guilty yesterday, and I just had to tell you" by now he was looked at me warily and I couldn't blame him. As he opened his mouth to speak, I glanced behind him and my eyes followed a red head with a black hair girl. I looked back at Rory, not wasting a second before grabbing his face and smashing my lips onto his. He didn't have time to react because someone called him out.

"Rory?" He pushed me away once he heard no other than Alexandra's voice. I glanced between Ysabel and Alexandra but they weren't looking at me, they were looking at Rory with betrayal maybe.

"So thats the thing you've been so secretive about?" Alexandra asked but, it didn't sound as a question at all, it was the opposite. When Ysabel looked at me, I couldn't help but smirk in satisfaction. I knew Ysabel had a thing for Rory, and this has hit it for her.

"That's just great, we have another Owen" Rory didn't get to explain himself because Ysabel had walked away bumping into his shoulder. Alexandra put her hand up when Rory was about to speak up before walking away as well.

"You fucking did this on purpose, you didn't actually want to apologize but you wanted them to see everything." He wasn't facing me but I knew he was angry, maybe angry was an understatement.

"Why?" When he asked I knew the answer right away.

"Well, I just wanted them to hate you just as much they hate me. Doesn't feel so good does it?" Maybe it was the way I sounded, smug, but he had quickly turned to me before standing right in front of me.

"You see, they don't hate you, they fucking despise you" he gripped his backpack before pushing me away and walking away. I flinched a bit when I heard the door slam shut, echoing around the theater.

I looked around the theater before leaving as well. As I made my way towards my class, eyes were following me, while muttering no sense.

"Did her sister actually overdosed?"

"Her party was a mess, thank god I didn't go"

"If I were her, I would have lost it"

"She's a fucking psycho, she attacked me for no reason" even though Alexis was whispering, I still caught what she said. I stopped walking further and glared at her. She stood less than five feet away, while leaning on the locker with Nate and some other girls around her. She smirked at me once I was making my way towards her.

I know what she was trying to do, but anger took over me.

"For no reason? Are you serious, you first brought drugs into my house then you...you mention—" she cuts me off before I can even say it.

"Pathetic, you can't even say it" she said while laughing.

"Come on, you can do it. Here I'll help, your sister over—" before she could finish, she gets cuts off.

"Just shut the fuck up" my eyes snap towards the voice that was heard next to me. It was no other than Sterling, he was glaring at her like he could actually kill her. That look was unfamiliar but I understood why he was staring at her like that, Alexis was mentioning our sister like she was nothing.

Alexis stood still, almost tense while looking down at the floor.

"That's it? You don't have anything else to say?" It was a rhetorical question but she still shook her head. I smirked when she didn't dare to say anything back.

"Now who's the pathetic one?" I say back, my voice was loud and it echoed around the hallways. Soon all eyes turned to me.

"Nothing else to watch here" Sterling yelled out and soon the audience scattered around.

"I'll always have your back, Thea" I turn to look at him when he grabbed my hand while smiling. For the first time in a while, I give him a genuine smile even though it was a sad smile it was still something.

Sterling was here and at this moment I felt like he'll always be here to help me out.

But he wasn't here when you needed him the most.