Viva la depression

Start from the beginning

"But it wouldn't!" I yelled, making Virgil flinch. "It would hurt everyone. It would just pass the pain to Mom and Dad and Damien and Evan and Quinn and me!"

Virgil pulled me down for a hug. I grabbed onto his hoodie tightly, digging my hands into it. I buried my face into his chest and just sobbed.

"He didn't know what else to do," He whispered.

"He didn't have to try to kill himself!" I screamed. "Why do people do stupid stuff like that?!"

Virgil didn't respond right away. There was a far off look in his eyes and he was lost in thought.

"I didn't slip that day on the bridge, did I?" Virgil asked.

"What?" I breathed out, genuinely surprised. "What are you talking about?"

"I fell, didn't I?" He asked. "I purposely fell off that bridge."

I pushed myself up and looked at him. There were tears in his eyes but behind that was anger.

"Why are you bringing this up now?" I asked.

"I tried to kill myself that day," Virgil mumbled. "Am I stupid then?"

"No, I never said that," I argued.

"But you did lie to me about what happened," Virgil accused me. "I've been remembering things and they don't add up with what you told me."

"I didn't lie to hurt you," I mumbled.

"Then why did you?" He asked.

"I didn't want them to take you," I said softly. "They would've put you back in a hospital if they knew you were trying to kill yourself."

"That's not your decision to make," Virgil told me angrily. "As much as I hated New Dawn, I need help."

"You're I'm therapy," I said.

"But that might not be enough," He whispered. "You can't lie to me about something this important!"

"I did it to protect you!" I argued, slowly getting more upset.

"If I tried to kill myself, you need to tell me!" Virgil screamed. "Just because I didn't remember doesn't give you the right to lie to me about something that important!"

"Virgil-" I started but he stood up angrily.

"You can't keep a secret like this from me!" He yelled. "I spent weeks loosing my mind over the same fucking nightmare until I realized that I was finally remembering!"

"Virgil-" I tried again.

"Were you just disgusted with me because I attempted suicide like Remus?" He asked in an accusing manner. "Did you just lie to me to try and act like it never happened?!"

"No Virgil, I just wanted to protect you," I cried. "I love you."

"You did a shitty job of showing it," Virgil said lowly. "Maybe we should spend some time apart."

With that, Virgil turned and left my room. He slammed the door shut behind him and I could hear him running down the stairs. Then the front door slammed shut.

I collapsed to the ground and put my hand over my mouth. I let out a chocked scream and punched the floor. I started sobbing.

I'm a horrible person.

~~MaGiCaL TiMe sKiP tO tHe NexT dAy~~

I stared at Virgil sadly over the table. He's been refusing to talk to me since yesterday. The only reason we were even in the same place was because Emile and Patton planned something.

They wanted everyone in our friend group to spend time together outside of school and without something bad happening.

So now we're all out for coffee, tea and ice cream at the Coffee & Cream. Emile, Patton and Evan were talking happily. I tried to join but my mind could only focus on Virgil.

I barely slept last night. I spent all night crying and beating myself up. Damien, Evan and Quinn spent the night over with Remus.

Multiple times throughout the night, Evan and Remus tried to comfort me. When I finally told them what happened, Damien and Quinn took Virgil's side.

I didn't care about that. All I cared about was that I hurt Virgil. The one person I vowed to protect and then I was the one that hurt him.

"Is this all that we're doing today?" Remy asked, his arm resting on Emile's shoulders.

"No," Patton answered with a smile. "We can all go see a movie after this."

"What's in the theaters right now?" Logan asked.

"Not sure," Emile answered.

"We can google that shit," Remy said.

"I vote horror," Damien said.

"I second that," Virgil said.

"Me too," I said quickly. Virgil glared at me and I just stared at the ground.

But then four people approached us. I looked up to see Patton's parents. I felt anger fill me when I saw them.

Patton looked at them with wide afraid eyes. He looked utterly terrified of his parents, and rightfully so.

"Patton, you're friends with an Evan Astor right?"  His Mom asked in a sickly sweet voice. 

"Sorry, but that's not my last name anymore,"  Evan spoke up.  "It's Lakewood now."

"Oh, that's a horrible last name,"  The woman behind Patton's parents scoffed. 

The woman and man looked at Evan with interest.  The woman looked like an older, female version of Evan.  The man looked scary to say the least. 

"Do I know you?"  Evan asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"You don't remember us?"  The woman frowned.

"No,"  Evan mumbled.  The woman walked over and grabbed Evan's hand.  She smiled down at him with a strange expression.

"It's us Evan,"  She smiled.  "You're birth parents."