Chapter 9

I don't own anything.

[Toshiro P.O.V]

Many things happened since I crossed the floating stairs.

From combating those plant-like goblins and hobgoblins.

I also fought a golem which was really a tought one.

I also happend to come across an dryad... which took the form of a green-skinned little girl which had leaves covering her private parts.

I was considering fighting her... but she didn't have any malicious intents towards me so we reached to an agreement.

She told me that she was hungry, but her food isn't human food, but mana.

And she forcely kissed me... is there wasn't any other way? Like giving her my blood or something?

I believe that in the Fate-series it was also a way to replendish mana.

Leaving that aside. As a thanks for the exchange she opened a path to me which leaded to an abandoned room.

It seemed like an laboratory of some sort. It seems like Zen, the undead, hasn't even used this place for a long time as all the books are decomposed.

I used [Libra] to analyze the rotten books which showed me that this entire place was modeled after an labyrinth in order to safely train the elves so they could at least hold a ground against the Waves of Calamity.

It seems like this place is connected to both Mia and the manager since the creator of this place is called 'Trazayuya Boruenan' whose last name is the same as them.

It must be connected to the reason why the undead wanted Mia so badly.

But by just thinking about it won't led me to the answer. So I just need to confront Zen to have my answers.

I returned to where the dryad was.

"Is there a way to reach to the upper stratum?" I asked in hopes of reaching to Zen as much faster as possible.

"There is. Go stand in the middle of that Fairy Ring." She answers me by pointing to a circle of mushrooms. "Which level are you going to?"

"I want to where the current master of the Cradle is." I don't know what exactly the undead, Zen, is planning to do with Mia, but I feel that it isn't good, so I need to reach to where it is as sooner as possible.

"Ain't possible~ No way, no way." I sweatdropped at how she answers me while rolling around the ground.

"Then to the highest level as possible." I guess I have to do this the hard way.

"Then I'll bring you to the 100th level which is where the Guardian Knights are stationed." The dryad said as I was kinda expecting that to happend, since I could guess that Zen was expecting that I would fight my way to all those levels and then some of his best minions to finish me off while I was exausted.

The dryad teleported me to the destination.

.
..
...
....

Only to find three girls, similar to the one who was taking care of Mia at the Master's room, playing with construction blocks...

Oh! I also saw a big iron golem which almost looked like a knight's armor.

Well... this is... awkward... since they looked at me being frozen in place with their eyes widen in shock.

"Er..." Was my only response since I don't even know what to say in this situation.

But according to [Libra], just like the girl who was with Mia, those were Homunculus. Artificial lifeforms created through alchemy, did Zen perhaps used some sort of the DNA of Mia? Because they look like an grown up version of her.

Romancing SaGa: The Journey of the Sword Hero(In Adoption)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara