Chapter 42- MotherKuma

"W-what the hell is that!?" She shrieked quietly, staring at the large structure. There was no telling what was in this room, but she had a feeling it was nothing good. Kokichi looked at her backed against the wall in amusement and walked purposefully towards the large object in the middle of the room.
"One way I find out,"Kokichi grinned and rapped on the side of the object.
"Oy! Hasn't anyone told you it's rude to barge into someone's room without invitation?!" Kokichi staggered back in fright and Kaede receded further into the wall.
"That sounded like Monokuma..." Kokichi murmured shortly. Kaede nodded even though Kokichi wasn't looking at her. That had sounded like Monokuma. Did that mean he was here now?!

She looked around the room and found it devoid of any sign of the monochrome bear.
"M-monokuma?" Kaede called so quietly it would have been a miracle that anyone heard it.
"It's not polite to keep me waiting under here~" Monokuma's voice pierced the air around them, a high cackle of a laugh following the words. Kaede shuddered.

Was this Monokuma's room? Did a mechanical bear really need a whole room to itself? She felt like Kokichi and herself were intruding on something they shouldn't be- especially with only the two of them. This was dangerous...
"Ouma!" She whisper shouted at him and he spun around at the sound of his name, "we shouldn't be here on our own, we should go get the others-" Kokichi shook his head fervently,
"No way, you go if you want, but I'm not." Kaede bit her lip. There was currently a battle going on inside her. Leave Kokichi alone in this unknown area to his own devices or stay here and risk something bad happening to the both of them. Neither seemed preferable over the other, but she knew which she needed to choose. There was no way she could leave Kokichi alone, at least with the two of them here it was a fraction of a bit safer.

Kaede watched with bated breath as Kokichi turned back around and approached the cylindrical statue in the middle, hesitating before tearing the cloth off it in a flourish.
"Upupupu~ you found me! Am I what you were expecting~?" Once the bubbles in the tank began to subside a horrible sight met their eyes. Kaede nearly shrieked again, but she held herself back with great difficulty. A head! A giant head! It looked almost identical to Monokuma except for a few minor tweaks.

"Monokuma is that you? What happened?! You're looking a little more rundown than usual." Kokichi sniggered after regaining from his momentary shock.
"Rundown? Upupupu~ I expected you to say some kind of crude pun, but instead you were just plain rude!"
"Don't get ahead of yourself, I obviously can't make you the butt of any of my jokes now, can I?" Kokichi said, his face conveying that of pure jubilation. Kaede gaped at Kokichi. Did he know he was talking to?! Monokuma was a key orchestrator of this game, he had immense power and yet-
"Was that 2 puns in one sentence? I have to say, I'm impressed."

Kaede stepped forward before Kokichi could open his mouth again to respond. This thing seemed to be tolerating them and he didn't need Kokichi to screw that up with an exceptionally bad choice of words.
"are you really Monokuma?" She asked tentatively and the eye of the thing flashed menacingly.
"But of course Akamatsu! Although I am not the one you are used to. I am Motherkuma!" Motherkuma?! There was a mother of these things?! They were robots weren't they? So why did they need a mother?

"Mother?" Kaede repeated, "what does that-"
"I give birth to all the Monokumas!"
"How the..." Kokichi murmured offhandedly, his face screwed up in a pained sort of look.
"Yuh huh! You see this machine behind me? All I have to do is copy all my thoughts and VOILA! I give birth to myself! Kaede looked behind the head. There was in fact a machine... but how could this 'motherkuma' create monokumas so easily?
"Aren't Monokuma's really technologically advanced? How do you-"
"I'm just really amazing aren't I~" the head laughed again.

"Can you make one now?! I'd REALLY like to see!" Kokichi said, the eagerness in his tone extremely prominent. 
"No! Isn't that too dangerous to be asking that!" She hissed at Kokichi who returned her words with a glare,
"I never asked you to stay, leave if you're so scared." Kaede opened her mouth to retort, but closed it again thinking better of it. She nodded curtly at Kokichi which only caused him to roll his eyes in annoyance.