Chapter 3- Plan Set 1/3

"It's tonight..." He and Kokichi were sitting in a deserted classroom, Kokichi was sitting at the teacher's designated table and was miming getting cross at students for various reasons.
"Shuuichi no talking in class, that's a detention!" He pointed at Shuuichi menacingly,
"Kokichi..."
"I don't believe we are on first name basis. That's another detention Mr. Saihara!" Kokichi said shaking his head in disbelief. Shuuichi smiled slightly. One pro about having Kokichi as a partner in all this was that it helped him take his mind of his nerves. Stupid things like this were a given when you hung out with Kokichi.

"Where's detention?" He mused. Kokichi pointed to a spot just over his shoulder.
"You have to sit in the naughty corner until I say you can leave," The naughty corner, was he 5? Shuuichi got up from his table slowly and strode over to the corner. Why was he even listening to Kokichi, they had more pressing matters at hand. He had a plan, a very simple one at that, but it couldn't hurt to play along with Kokichi, for a bit at least. Shuuichi sat down in the very corner, cross legged and watched Kokichi's amused expression. Kokichi then shook his head and made a little spinning gesture with his finger, "turn around,"

Shuuichi obliged, although it was more reluctant this time around. He didn't like having his back to Kokichi with no witnesses. He was now staring straight into the corner of the room and within a minute had explored everything of interest the wall had to offer. How long would Kokichi leave him here. The more time ticked by the less likely it looked that Kokichi would ever stop it.
"Wait you're still there?!" He heard footsteps and Kokichi's face appeared at the top of his vision. It was a relief to see something new after however long he had been staring at the wall.

"Time flies when you're having fun." Shuuichi smiled tiredly, his eyes had been starting to feel heavy as time went by. Kokichi giggled and slid into the space between Shuuichi and the corner.
"Consider yourself free for today, but you have another detention tomorrow." Kokichi's face had turned stern again. Shuuichi simply half smiled and to his surprise Kokichi's expression softened. "Anyway, I got mummy to make us food it's down in the Dining hall. She said she was busy, but she can't refuse an order!"
"Can't refuse an order..." he repeated under his breath, was this true? Kokichi raised an eyebrow at him,
"Yeah, have you ever asked her to do anything? She always does it!" His grin widened, "she will do anything."

He narrowed his eyes at Kokichi,
"What did you make her do?" Knowing Kokichi, anything he had made her do something horrible. Kokichi gave a wry smile,
"Nothing bad~ I've just had her spy on Maki for me." Shuuichi stared at him. So that was how Kokichi had figured out her real talent. He had originally thought he must have snuck into her lab when she wasn't around. His realisation must have shown on his face because Kokichi goggled at him,
"Did Mr Detective not know this?!" Shuuichi grimaced, not because he hadn't known this new piece of information, but because of how he was being addressed.

"I didn't know that you were that open with your plans," Shuuichi said, "I always thought you acted alone." Kokichi nodded shortly,
"When you act with someone else there's no telling what will happen." Kokichi averted his eyes off of Shuuichi and began examining his left hand intently, "they could fail you, you are left monitoring their every move so they don't screw up, they could also back out of a plan or even betray you... like a group project at school, you're always the one left doing all the work..." he then returned his gaze back to Shuuichi and gave a small smile, "so I'm going to have to trust you, Shuuichi. Don't go letting me down or I'll never forgive you!" Kokichi had a way of making him stressed and everything seemed to end with Shuuichi fearing for his safety. "I can tell you've been wanting to say something for a while now so now would be a good time to do so." Kokichi looked at him closely and waited.

Although it was something he needed to say, the words didn't come easy to his mouth. His throat had gone dry and the forming of words came even harder.
"The second murder. It going to happen tonight." Kokichi eyes widened,
"Who?" Kokichi said, not taking his eyes of Shuuichi.
"Ryoma... by Kirumi."
"Kirumi you say? Then this will be easy!" He jumped to his feet and outstretched a hand down to Shuuichi. Tentatively Shuuichi took it and was pulled to his feet. His legs were half asleep from sitting down so long and he staggered slightly. Kokichi held him steady and smiled gleefully, "we just have to keep her busy so she hasn't got time to set up the murder, right? And she can't she's say she's busy 'cos she's planning on killing Ryoma's ass!" Shuuichi was startled by Kokichi's enthusiasm, but was pleased all the same. The idea was much better than his first thought of simply staking out the murder spot.

Even if Kokichi didn't seem to take any of this especially seriously, he was grateful for the boys company and support.
"Thankyou, Kokichi, really." Shuuichi smiled warmly. He wasn't sure what he would do if he didn't have someone here to help him. The loneliness and helplessness would be overwhelming. Kokichi's help meant more to him than anything at the moment. Kokichi turned away quickly,
"You..." Kokichi began, but didn't finish his sentence. The word simply hung in the air.
"Wow, I've never seen you speechless before." There was a sputtering sound from Kokichi and he turned around to face him. His face was tinged pink and he was holding tight onto the hem of his shirt,
"I just didn't think it needed a response. Lets go bombard Kirumi with jobs shall we?" Shuuichi nodded in agreement and left the classroom with a thoroughly flustered Kokichi by his side.

(AN: just realised that this chapter is extremely long so it's going to have to be in 3 parts :/ )