Chapter 19- The Opposing Game

"Where the fuck are your priorities?! I thought you cared about this invention, so where the fuck have you been?!" Shuuichi took a step back, still shaken by Miu's sudden erratic behaviour. She looked quite deranged at this moment, more than she would normally. Her hair looked wild and moved radically as she closed the space between them again. "you were getting off to making me wait weren't you, you fucking perv!"

Shuuichi stood his ground this time and crossed his arms. Why was he getting attacked like this, if it had been this important she could've looked for him.
"How was I supposed to know you were waiting for me?" He retorted and this time it was Miu who took a step back.
"J-just forget it, there's more important things than your obvious stalking," Shuuichi opened his mouth to argue that he was in fact not stalking Miu and it was just her oversized ego, but she began to speak again, "I've noticed that there has been tampering with the blueprints for the machine, vital parts of the design were altered and although it was obviously done by a complete novice it's still a pain in the ass." Shuuichi stared at her. His brain was going a mile an hour.

"Someone's been tampering with the invention...?"
"Were you even fucking listening?! Yes someone tampered with it!" Who could it have been. It must be someone who doesn't want this invention to be made. The machine must threaten something that this person wants to keep safe. Information? What else could it be? Was this Tsumugi trying to keep the killing game from being exposed... to keep the future killings a secret?
"Can you show me?" Miu nodded and took off out the door and into the setting sky outside.

Shuuichi followed at a quick pace. Was Tsumugi threatened by this. If she had began tampering this early on, there was a good chance this was only the beginning. The tampering of some blueprints was simply a warning for what was coming. They pushed through the doors to the lab and Miu made a beeline to her desk and immediately started rifling through a stack of papers.

"Oh Saihara, I'm glad you're here!" Kokichi called from the chair in the corner, his legs rested on the small table opposite. "As you've probably been told, we have quite the situation on our hands," he smirked and Miu turned to glare at him coldly,
"You shouldn't be smiling you little shit, this isn't good!" Kokichi giggled and swung his legs down from the table and walked up to the desk where Miu was standing and looked over her shoulder at the paper mess.

Shuuichi joined the two and examined the prints closely.
"These are the tampered prints?"
"I wouldn't expect you to notice, your brain is pea sized compared to my glowing one, but yes these have definitely been changed." Shuuichi squinted at the pages, they looked normal and looked just like the prints he had seen Miu pouring over the day prior.
"Yeah Saihara, even I could tell these weren't the originals! They are obviously different, nishishi~"

"I had to tell you too, you lying turd! You're both as dumb as each other." She scoffed pulling a detailed sketch to the top of the pile. "All the information is completely different than what I had before. Whoever the dumbass who did it is, they majorly underestimated the great Miu Iruma!"

"...do you know who did it?" Shuuichi asked after a small silence. Miu's expression grew darker and she pushed the page away as though she couldn't stand to have it in her proximity,
"No, I don't. But what does it matter really, this is petty and isn't actually a hindrance..."

"Not a hindrance? You know this isn't as bad as it could get, right?" Kokichi gasped his mouth open in mock awe, "if someone were to tamper with the actual invention... maybe bash a couple of components, unscrew a few bolts, that wouldn't be a hindrance either would it?" Miu scowled and turned her head to look at Kokichi's smug face.
"You're a real piece of shit,"
"And he's also right." Shuuichi added before Miu could retaliate further, "we have to stop whoever is trying to hinder us otherwise it will escalate."