Chapter Seven: Letter of Home

Ruby POV

I shouted with elation as the cart picked up more and more speed and then I gasped in shock as water engulfed us.

I looked around in wonder trying figure out how we were dry and breathing then just decided on one word: magic.

As the cart came out of the water I looked around.

The only light was the dim light that was given off by our lantern revealing that we were in some type of cave and there was only one door and a small dish on a stand.

The goblin hand me my key and said, "You need to place your blood in the dish otherwise it won't reveal the key hole."

Walking over i bit my pinky, like I did above ground, and splashed it in the dish.

All of a sudden a red glow seemed to flow out in veins from the dish in the center of the cave and traveled until it circled a small shape that opened to reveal a key hole hidden inside.

I walked over and inserted the key and turned.

A spiral staircase appeared around the dish in the center going even lower into the earth.

As we walked I could hear many things growling and breathing around us and we came to a door.

"Only the one who placed the blood in the dish can open this door.  If anyone else were to try then all of those things that you heard back there will be released and you would be killed," the goblin said.

Surprised that he said that I walked up and pushed open the door and was shocked by what I found inside.

I was a room as big as Gringotts looked from the outside. and it was all filled with gold, silver, and bronze.

There was a path that led to the to a cart on the otherside of the room.

In the middle of this room there was a podium with a book that was open to the first page.

I looked around in awe at everything that surrounded me and saw that there were several paths that were hidden in the doorway.

As I brushed against something I saw that I had come to the podium in the center of the room.

I turned around to see what the book said and on the first page sat the words.

I froze when I read the first line on the page.

Dear Daughter,

Shocked I hurried and continued reading.

If you are reading this then it is as we have feared from the beginning.  We have died and left you to be an orphan.  The task that your father and I agreed to take was for us and us alone.  We knew the risks and thought that we would come out successful and heroes.  Maybe we did finish our task and became heroes but the fact that you're reading this is proof enough that we did not come out.  You probably have many questions and so we'll write down the answers to the ones that we think that you'll ask and we can answer.

First of all the fact that you're here means that you have found your key.  With a tricky little piece of magic we managed to make it so that it would be revealed to you at the time that you discovered you were a witch.  We will be absolutely honest with you in the fact that we do not know where your tiger ability comes from.  It was quite a shock to us when we were holding you in our arms for the first time and then you turned into the cutest little tiger kitten.  Now that I think on it I have to wonder if you will grow or if you will just be a little cat with tiger stripes when you're older.  If you're wondering who we are the only thing that we can tell you is that we are your parents and that is all that we can tell you.  We have also cast another spell with the help of many friends so that upon our death a mass memory wipe will occur taking us out of everybody's life and mind even you, our beautiful daughter.

Now for all of the advice that we haven't been able to give you in your young life.  Make friends, you don't need very many but you need to make a few friends that you can trust with your life.  Be kind to others, don't just judge somebody for their heritage or what they have.  Judge them for their actions to yourself and to others, for they may just act one way to get you to like them.  Do not be afraid to stand up for what you believe in, but also don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong.

Now then for the part that we are quite proud of the book.  We happen to have a good friend who works at the Flourish and Blotts so this book is enchanted so that you tap it with your wand and say the words "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici" which is Latin and translates into "By the Power of Truth I While Living Have Conquered the Universe."  It will then open to whatever book or spell that you are thinking of.

As for the money that you undoubtedly need the money system is probably a little different if you were raised by muggles or non-magic folk.  Now for the money.  The gold ones are Galleons, the silver are Sickles, and the bronze are Knuts.  There are seventeen Sickles in a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts in a Sickle.

Folded up underneath this podium is another thing that we wanted to give you.  Well two things actually.  The first is a bag that looks small but can never actually be filled and only you can take items out of it.  If it is ever lost it will be transported to wherever you are.  It will be a few feet away so if you're taking a bath it won't follow you in.  All you have to do to sort through everything would be think of the object that you want put your hand in and pull said item out.  Now for the second thing  are robes that are enchanted as well.  They will transform into whatever you need to be wearing at any given point if you hold the image of what you want in your head.  They will never need to be washed or refitted for the will shape to your body.

Now we have to end this so that you may continue your beautiful life.  We have one last wish for you, be the best that you can be at everything you do and live a full and happy life.  We love you with all of our hearts.

Mom & Dad

Gryffindor's Tigressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें