Chapter Three: Letters

I still can't believe what the letter says and yet it is right in front of me.

How do they know me?

How did they know how to find me?

"Well aren't ya gonna open it?" Hagrid asks me.

I look at him trying to decide if I should change in front of him or not.

As if sensing my hesitation Hagrid speaks up, "I'll wait outside until you decide what to do," and with that he left the cave.

Once the sound of his breathing turned faint enough that I couldn't hear it I changed so that I could read the letter.

A snapping sound filled the room as my bones rearranged themselves, but I felt no pain only warmth as this happened.

When the change was finished I quickly grabbed the letter and flipped it over.

On the back was a seal with a lion, a snake, a badger, and a

As she opened it two letters fell out, she picked up the first one and read it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. R. Storm,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.

Term begins September first. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress

I picked up the list of supplies needed and it read.

Uniform

Three Sets of Pain Work Robes (Black)

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear

One Pair of Protective Gloves (Dragon Hide or Similar)

One Winter Cloak (Black, Silver Fastenings)

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (Pewter, Standard Size 2)

1 Set of Glass or Crystal Phials

1 Telescope

1 Set of Brass Scales

Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

I stare at shock at the letter as questions start to go through my head, a school for witchcraft?

Does that mean that I'm a witch?

Is that the reason for all of the strange things that happen around me?

Are there others like me?

Can I do more?

The last question goes through my head over and over.

Just what am I capable of?

It is then that I realized, other people are going to be there.

Am I ready to face people once more?