Chapter Five: Out With the Old

Ruby's POV

"I accept," two simple little words that changed my life forever.

"Alrigh' if ya 'ave anythin' tha' ya need get it now," Hagrid told me.

I ran inside and grabbed my blanket, a purple leather jacket, and the letters.

Just as I'm about to leave a small glint catches my eye and I move closer to find an old key.

Curious I pick it up and bring it to Hagrid to see if he dropped it.

He took it and looked at it, "This isn't one of my keys," he says as he hands the key back to me.

I shrug and pocket it, "No use leaving it to lay about then."

"Let's get goin' before it gets to dark," Hagrid said as he starts to walk into the woods not at all worried about the dark.

You see even though I'm not in my tiger form I still have the grace, strength, and pride of my tiger.

Some of the more physical properties are that I have slightly longer canines, the orange eyes, increased senses, and sharpened nails...all in all I'm pretty amazing.

I pause for a second before continuing after Hagrid, where had that thought come from?  It was so bold and carefree...I like it.

As we entered a clearing I saw a great motorcycle and I turn to glare at Hagrid, "You scared my stag away."

"Hehe, sorry 'bout that it took me a little while to find ye."

I thought about it for a second and wonder how he got the back this far in the woods with no trail.

When I asked him this he just chuckled and told me, "You'll see."

When I looked at the side car it was my turn to laugh, "Guess it's a good thing my only possessions are a jacket and this blanket.  I won't be squished and I'll be plenty warm."

I got into the side car and got as comfy as I could before we started moving.

When Hagrid started the bike it roared to life and he drove it around the edge of the meadow and then pressed a button and then we started FLYING!!!

As we flew over the woods I looked back with slight sadness at my old home, "Goodbye," then I look forward and I can see the lights of London up ahead.

Time to begin my new life.