Jeongyeon laughed shortly, a sincere smile painted her lips.

"You know what, you sounded like my sister." She rolled her eyes. "With all the speeches and everything."

Nayeon smiled.

"I'll see you at the ball."

Jeongyeon paused and looked at her.

"I'll enjoy the night. See you there."

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

Jimin waited for a couple of minutes before heading outside the car, and went straight to the front of the house, nearing the door. He fixed his bowtie and straightened his suit, an unknown feeling engrossed within him. Before he could reach the door to knock, the twisting of the knob was enough for him to know someone is coming out.

And slowly, it opened.

He halted for a while. As if, something jabbed in his stomach that kept him silent. No words came out from his mouth—he was speechless... utterly speechless. He eyed her from head to toe. He was swayed by her beauty and almost, he can't produce any response. His eyes were glued to her. For an instant, it felt magical.

"Let's go."

Jeongyeon casually said, broke the silence and just passed by him, heading directly to the car parked in front.

Jimin were back to his senses, watching her like nothing happened. He broadly paused and looked at her emotionlessly, or rather, expectant of something they have talked about before.

"Hey." He called.

"Have you forgotten something?"

Jeongyeon gazed back, her hands on the door of the car.

"What?"

"I think you are missing something here."

"And what is that?" She asked, having no idea what he's saying.

Jimin took a couple of steps forward with a slightly irritated expression.

"I remember the conditions I have said a day ago, 'I need you to act naturally and convincing.'" He said in a low tone.

Something clicked in Jeongyeon's mind. She slowly distanced herself from the car and headed towards his direction. His expression remained dull and plain. Like there's nothing can ever entertain him or even make him smile for a short time. He had been like this. He was known for a cold person. He really doesn't smile or laugh much.

Jeongyeon silently stood beside him, closing the gap between them. She still can't process any reply.

How come she hadn't thought of it? She had conditioned herself to only accompany him to the Ball and pretend to be his girlfriend. How come she had forgotten about the act?

Jeongyeon remained wordless. She doesn't know what to do next. What now? Is she going to stay beside him and be near him all the time? Hug him? Smile at him even though he looks unimpressed by it? The idea seems to be an easy thought but the act of doing it is the hardest. It will be only for a day. Only for a day.

Before she could even move a limb, Jimin slowly grabbed her left hand and intertwined his fingers with her.

"Let's go." He said softly without looking at her.

And they headed to his car.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

The welcoming view was fantastic, elegant even. The place where the ball will occur is gigantic and lively. Large pillars stood and the designs are breath-taking. At the entrance, light colors danced and spread through the walls, there was a short-staircase leading to a wooden double door, wide enough to accommodate students when heading inside.