Scene 07-How to be mean

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure you overheard it," McGonagall responded coldly:" It lays in my hands how I cope with the punishments of my students." 

"Yes and that makes it just clearer how important it is, that the ministry has a look on this school." 

McGonagall's lips are pursed into a thin line:" Of course Dolores," she presses before leaving.

With a satisfied smile Umbridge leaves. We sigh, we recently got the permission to train for quiddtich again. What is going to happen next?

---

"Hey can I have some of the puking pastilles?," a boy approaches us. 

"Sure," we say: "Three galleons." 

"What the other one's who bought them earlier just paid one!" 

"And now it's three," I say. 

"You see, we are currently not in our business time and to actually put effort in it now needs payment," Fred says, making a paying sign with his fingers. 

"No way I'm paying three!" 

"Then no puking for you mate," we say and go ahead. 

"Wait, urg I'm taking one," he sighs.

"Okay," Fred turns around:" four galleons." 

"You've got to be kidding me!," the boy groans. 

"The more you talk, the more you pay, time is money my friend," I say, showing him the pastilles. 

"Okay, okay, here," the boy hands us the money and takes his supplies looking somewhat annoyed.

We grin at each other and make our way to the Charms classroom. 

"Is it just me or do we see her more frequently since we worked with her?," Fred asks and I follow his gaze. 

Then I'm not the only one. "Yeah I wondered that too, is that a secret rule or something?" 

"I hope not, good thing she lets us alone though, right?," Fred stifled a laugh. 

"Yeah right," I say lost in thought.

The whole time we wait for Flitwick I watch her. The way she leans against the wall, her gaze onto the students around her. It's like she's observing her surroundings very carefully, as if she could read more than we do. I witnessed that a lot before now. In Defense she was the first to stand up and catch Cole's falling ink bottle. Everyone was looking at her, confused how she could react that fast, she just sat down very quickly, to not draw any additional attention to her. She always does that, making herself smaller to not be seen.

Again, in this situation, she was looking around very carefully, occasionally looking at his paper, or at least you thought as his paper, I believe she thought that something might happen, that his bottle could fall. Or again, I overthink her behavior and there was nothing to it.

I immediately snap out of my thoughts when here blue eyes stare back at me. But I'm not able to look away, she doesn't make a move to look away either. This is too intense to just break it, an odd feeling erupting from my body. It's weird and satisfying at the same time.

"Good morning class, it's good to see you," then she looks away to the door and takes her bag from the floor. 

I blink twice, what is the feeling I have? The whole lesson I'm lost in thought. I can't follow, no matter who talks with me. I have the feeling I desperately need to talk with her, as if she would know the answer I'm searching for.