Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

"Yesum?" I answered with a laugh. I fell over, complaining into the phone.

"Jordan?" a voice asked. My brain was foggy, and I couldn't exactly remember who it belonged too.

"You have a pretty voice." I slurred. There was a chuckle.

I laughed before hiccupping.

"How can I help?" I asked, trying my best to sound sober. What if it was Damon and he was with Elena and she found out I was drinking? I pulled the phone away from my ear to look at it.

"Are you there?" the voice asked.

"I'm not drunk." I defended myself.

"I can hear that you are."

"Shhhh! Don't tell Elena." I whispered.

"I won't." the voice whispered back.

"Thank you." I whispered back. "What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Talking to you." The voice whispered back.

"Oh." I whispered, feeling my mouth open. "What else?" I whispered.

"About to go to bed and wanted to check up on you." It whispered.

"Shhh, I'm not drunk." I whispered.

"I know." It whispered back. "Good night Jordan...."

The phone went dead. I kept whispering at it before looking at the screen through blurry eyes. my phone was blank. I groaned before stumbling out and heading back to the others. The night continued with music and shots. 

The next morning, I woke groaning, my head was thumping, and my throat felt dry and I could smell my horrible breath. I grimaced before rolling out of bed and landing on the floor with a thud.

"Oww." I complained before, crawling to the door and using it to help me up. I could hear a few noises coming from the kitchen. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around myself before sitting at a stool, watching through one eye.

"How is the head?" Peter asked. He smiled, handing me two tablets and some orange juice. I smiled, taking them and popping them into my mouth.

"Horrible." I answered.

"I bet. You and Jenny showed us boys how to really drink." He laughed.

"What else did we show you?" I asked, feeling my cheeks burning. I could only remember little pieces. I remember some dancing and stripping and....my eyes widened before I saw Peter give me a smirk.

"I think you may remember."

"Nooo." I pulled a face.

"Only Jason, Alex and I were sober enough. We put you both to bed before you could take off more clothes."

"Thanks." I looked down feeling my cheeks burning. Thank god that Peter wasn't a vampire. He would hear how mortified I truly was.

"Your phone is charged, I plugged it in when you cried that it was dead.....and I mean actually cried." I hid my face in my hands, feel so ashamed of myself. "It had gone off last night once I turned it back on. A guy named Kol called?"

I pulled my hands away fear creeping down my spine. Kol called me.

"Did you answer?"

"You told me too. So, I answered and before I could hand you the phone, you started to strip."

This could not get any worse, could it? Kol had called while I was drunk as a skunk. I groaned, hitting my head onto the counter. Just maybe, there would be some freak accident that only took my life and let everyone else be fine?

I looked over to my phone, picking it up and swiping it to life. There was two text messages from Elijah. The first one was a reply, with an apology for how late he had replied. The second, my heart dropped. He needed to talk to me ASAP. It was an emergency. I walked outside, calling Jeremy first. I wanted to make sure he was ok first. He answered.

"How's the head?" he asked.

"What?" I said a little confused.

"You were smashed last night Jordan. I called to say goodnight."

"Oh, you were the pretty voice." I pieced together.

"You always say that when your drink." He grumbled.

"It's a compliment." I argued. "And I don't get drunk that often."

"I know. I just hate that I don't ever get to see you drunk." He grumbled again.

I rarely drank and when I did, it was with friends only. Not with Elena or Jeremy. I had seen them both drunk many times and they always wanted to see me drunk. I only drank when I was with Jenny and Alex.

"I know.....is everything ok?" I asked. my head had a dull ache and I rubbed my temples, sitting down. I could feel my stomach starting to churn.

"No, there was a slaughtering last night." Jeremy informed me.

"Slaughtering?" I felt bile rise in my throat.

"At least thirty dead. Vampire." He said.

I leaned over, emptying my stomach. After a few minutes of throwing up, I cleared my throat.

"Sorry."

"It's ok. Can we talk later? When are you coming home?"

"Not sure, probably be around dinner time."

"I will see you then. Love you."

"Love you too." I said and heard the line go dead. I sighed, before scrolling until Elijah's number. I hit dial and he answered on the second ring.

"Good morning miss Jordan."

"Good morning Elijah.....you wished to talk?"

"Yes, but I believe in person would be ideal and the sooner the better."

"I'm two hours from home at the moment..." I trailed off.

"I can collect you if you give me the address." Elijah answered.

I thought for a second. This wasn't my place; I shouldn't give this address out.

"I give you my word, I will not come any closer than the driveway."

"Ok."

I gave the address, feeling a heavy weight rest of my chest.

"I will be there in a few hours."

The line went dead. Rubbing my face, I headed back in, smiling at everyone who was waking up.