▹ [69] Game Day.

Saturday.

I threw on my Manchester United shirt and took one glance in the mirror before grabbing my cellphone and going downstairs. It's been a few hours now since I got all of my memories back and I must admit, it feels great to be myself again. Although, I want to enjoy the moment, there are some parts that I wish I could forget like my break up Jesse.

At first I blamed him for it but as I practically relived the scene when the memory came back, I realized that it was my fault. I deserved what I got. I deserved to lose him. But what I didn't deserve was him being there for me throughout my entire recovery process. He shouldn't have been there. He should hated me after all the pain I had caused him but him being him, he helped me the most and I will forever love him for that.

I got downstairs and immediately had my dad talking to one of the board members from United. Even though my dad doesn't work for United anymore, they still come to him for his opinions on stuff and when they need help with making big decisions which I think is great because this club means everything to my father.

"Morning princess." Said my dad as he spotted me standing outside the living room.

"Morning dad." I smiled.

"You remember Charles?" Asked dad.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Hi uncle Charles."

"Hello, Sophia."

I smiled at uncle Charles before walking towards the kitchen to pour a glass of orange juice. As I poured the juice, I tuned into my father's conversation with uncle Charles. They were talking about the United 4 UNICEF Gala that the club hosts every year. My father was emphasizing on the fact that the club does the same thing every year and suggested that they change that. Charles surprisingly agreed saying that it would be good for the charity if they did something different, something that would help raised more money. And of course, I had a pretty idea.

I picked up my glass of orange juice and drank some as I made my way to the living room. I stood by the wall and listened to some of their ideas which included a Masquerade Ball.

Oof, no! I thought to myself. The last time I went to a masquerade ball, I ended up sleeping with Jesse which wasn't a bad thing but those kind of stuff are not good for Jesse and I at the moment.

"How about a Back To School Homecoming Dance?" I suggested. "I mean everyone loves Homecoming and I'm sure that people, especially married couples would love to go back in time and relive one of the biggest milestones of their life. I'm just saying." I said.

"That's a terrific idea." Said Charles. I was shocked that he actually like the idea.

"Something like that would really raise alot of money for charity. It's a great idea. Thank you, princess." Said my father as he smiled at me.

"Anytime daddy."

2 Hours Later.

Stepping into Old Trafford felt amazing. Today was the started of the Premier League and United were up against some very familiar faces, Tottenham. To start off the season with a match against Tottenham is tough. These two teams are part of the big six and that is why the tension in Old Trafford was extremely high.

The United bus was the one to arrive first. As the players came out of the bus one by one, they all greeted me. Some of them stood and chatted for a bit while the others just said say and went straight into the locker room.

Just then the Tottenham Hotspur bus had arrived. I smiled as I saw the familiar faces I remembered. Erik Lamela, Christian Eriksen, Eric Dier and Harry Kane were just a few of them. And then there was him. Bamidele Alli, a blast from the past.

"Hey, Soph." Dele greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey." I said and returned the smile. Dele then reached in for a hug and I gladly hugged him back.

"I'm really glad that you got your memories back." He said.

"Me too. I'm glad I remember us despite everything that happened, it was fun while it lasted." I admitted, slyly.

"Yeah. It really was. I don't regret it at all." He said. Dele and I remained silent for a short while as we gazed into each other's eyes. The world stood still for a moment as we just stood there without the ability to speak. Then suddenly we snapped back to reality and Dele was the first to speak up. "I should go." He said.

"Yeah." Was all I could respond with.

Dele walked away and there he was, standing by the gate, looking in my direction. I swallowed as we made eye contact. He was hesitate but decided to come by me anyway.

"Hey!" He greeted.

"Hey, Jess!" I smiled at him. "I just want to say thank you for everything you've done for me over the past month. It means alot to me especially after remembering what I did to you."

"Don't worry about it, Soph! The reason why I was there for you is because you mean alot to me, Sophia. Just because we broke up that doesn't mean that will change cause it never will." Said Jesse. He smiled before walking towards the locker room.

The more I talk to Jesse, the more I wish I told him that I was married to Colton. The more I wish I was still with him.

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽

Thanks for reading Please vote and comment 🙏🏼💜 x