▹ [05] Memories Feat Heartbreak.

2004.
(Ages: Sophia- 10. Jesse- 12.)

"Do you remember the first time we met?" I asked Jesse.

We were sitting on the Ferris Wheel, holding hands as I rested my head on his shoulder. This was our first date together and my first date overall. Jesse was my first love and that is what made this day so special.

"That is the day I will never forget." Replied Jesse, putting a huge smile on my face. "I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. It's crazy, I know, but it's true." He chuckled.

"I feel the same way about you. You are my first boyfriend." I smiled at him.

"And you are my first girlfriend." Jesse smiled as we stared into each other's eyes. "Shall we kiss on the Ferris Wheel?" He asked.

"I don't know. Will it be romantic?"

"I don't know." He chuckled.

"Then let's give it a try." I said. Jesse leaned forward and kissed me on the lips.

Current Day - Monday.

I smiled at the flashback moment. That was the biggest moment in my life. There I was at just 10 years of age, on my very first date, experiencing my very first kiss with my very first boyfriend. It was a magical moment; one that I will never ever forget.

"So I heard you ran into Jesse at Old Trafford last night." My brother said while nudging my arm and raising his eyebrows at me.

I poured some coffee into my mug and looked at him with a straight face. "Well I wouldn't call it running into him if I actually wanted to see him." I smiled at Tommy.

My brothers eyes immediately widened at my words. He was surprised that I actually went to see Jesse after all these years. "You went to see him? Why?" Asked Tommy.

"The real question is why not?" I smirked. "It's been 7 years, Tommy. I had to see him." I said while sipping off my coffee.

"Well just be careful. I don't want you getting hurt again." My brother said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"I know you don't." I smiled as I watched him leave for rehab.

Thomas has been playing for Manchester United for the past 20 years. Although, he hasn't played a game since last season after he tore his MCL in his left knee. He is currently on his road to recovery and as already started his rehabilitation.

Just then my phone vibrated. I looked at it and it was a text from the one and only.

Jesse: Morning Soph. I trust that you had a good sleep back in your favorite place in the world 😉 I hope you're well.

I laughed while reading Jesse's message. He always knew how much I loved my bed.

Me: Morning Jess 😊 Hahaha yes I did 😁 I am good thank you and how are you?

I placed my phone back down on the counter and washed my mug as I waited for Mr. Jesse to reply. We needed to talk privately and I think he knew it.

Jesse: I'm great, thanks 🤙🏽 On my way to training with Rashy now. Wanna meet up after training so that we could talk?

There it is! I know him too well. The fact of the matter is we do need to talk about some stuff and we might as well do it now so that we can prevent any awkwardness in future meetings.

Me: I was just thinking the same time. Pick me up at 4? 🤔

I walked over to the living room and took a seat on the couch. I took the tv remote and started flipping through the channels to see what was good to watch.

Jesse: Yep 👍🏽 catch ya later Soph.

Me: Great! Enjoy training 😊

Jesse: Definitely will 😉

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Hours Later.

It was now the afternoon and Jesse and I were sitting in Nando's waiting for our food to come. Nando's played a big part in our childhood, we would always come here after a United game.

"So....." Jesse trailed off.

"So?" I asked and smiled slightly.

"Alot went down before you left." Jesse admitted slyly.

"Yeah.. stuff happened between us." I said and everything went quiet for a bit. Jesse and I both looked elsewhere, trying our best to avoid the conversation.

"Yeah." Was all Jesse was able to say.

I looked down at the time on my phone and it was 4:35pm. Jesse and I had literally only been in the restaurant for 10 minutes and things were already awkward.

"So, do you want to talk about what happ-" I said before getting cut off by Jesse.

"There's something I have to tell you." Jesse blurted out.

He took me by surprise when he cut me off, he has never done that before. He sounded so anxious and that was a bit strange. It's obvious that he still feels the same since 7 years ago. I know I do.

"I know what you wanna tell me. You want to tell me that you still feel-"

"I have a girlfriend...." Jesse said, interrupting me yet again, "who makes me so happy..." Jesse trailed off, "....and I love so dearly." Jesse said.

I felt a knife get stabbed into my heart a million times. I know I've had previous boyfriends but I've never stopped loving Jesse and I don't think I ever will stop loving him. The fact that he has a girlfriend, kills me inside so badly but at the same time, I'm happy for him. I'm happy that he's moved on and found someone who will always be there for him, no matter what!

"Really?" I asked and Jesse nodded. "That's incredible. I'm so happy for you." I smiled.

"Thank you, Soph. It means alot." Jesse said. All I did was smile, even though inside of me was crying for dear life. "Hey Soph!" Jesse said.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if......you know.....we can still be friends?" Jesse asked.

Well since I'm gonna be here for a long time, why not? I mean, I will be at most of the games, which means that I will see him so I guess we can still be friends.

The truth is that I don't blame Jesse for moving on. I did too with Colton and I bet he felt the exact same way I feel right now when he found out about Colton so we're even now.

"Of course we can!"

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Uh-Oh!
Sophia's in love with Jesse
but Jesse has a girlfriend 😳
What do you think will happen next? 🤔 Let me know! 🤗

Thanks for reading ☺️ Please vote and comment 🙏🏼💜 x