▹ [39] Sophia Who?

Jesse's POV.

I pulled up at the front gate of Marcus' house. I pressed the hooter of my car and Marcus immediately opened the gate. I waited for the gate to open fully before driving in. I parked outside Marcus' driveway and jumped out of my car.

Marcus opened the front door of his house and walked outside while I locked my car. "Bean." I greeted him.

"What happened? I thought you was supposed to spend the day with Sophia." Marcus said as we did our handshake.

I've known Sophia ever since I joined the academy. She's always been a selfless and carefree person. She has one of the most beautiful souls and is one of those people who would put other people's needs before her own. She's very protective over the people she cares about and she would do anything for them. I know all this because I've loved her since the day I met her.

But recently, something has changed in Sophia. Ever since Thomas passed away, she hasn't been the same. She's changed. And not in the good way. In a bad way.

"I don't know man. Something's changed. Sophia's different now." I said.

"Let's go inside." Said Marcus. The look on his face said it all. He was shocked. We walked inside his house and immediately went into his lounge. "I understand what you mean. I've seen it too and I don't like it." Said Marcus.

My eyes widened at Marcus' choice of words. Marcus and Sophia have been like brother and sister since they met. He's always been so protective over her that even when she's wrong, he would still side with her. He has her back through everything so hearing him say that he didn't like something that she was doing, was a real shocker.

I guess, Beans has seen what I've seen.

"Me neither." I agreed. "But if she continues like this then..." I said and trailed off. The words were right at the tip of my tongue but it just couldn't come out.

"Then??" Marcus asked.

I took a deep breath before looking up at Marcus. "Then I don't want to date her anymore."

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Sophia's POV.

I sat in the lounge while I anxiously awaited my guest. Ever since Jesse left earlier this morning, I couldn't get him off my mind. He was angry and disappointed in me for the way I reacted to all Alice's schemes and that bothered me.

Jesse is my boyfriend and I love him dearly. But for some reason I think this feud with Alice is going to do damage to our relationship. That's why I gotta put a stop to this war before it gets out of control. The thought of losing Jesse is unbearable.

I can't lose yet another person I love.

"Miss Sophia." Said Andre, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I turned around to look at him. "Yes, Andre?" I asked.

"Your guest is here." He said.

Just then the sound of heels on the matte finish tiles filled the room. I was surprised that she'd showed up. I honestly thought she wouldn't. But then again, she's Alice. She's got the balls to do anything.