▹ [22] Too Much To Ask.

Thursday.

"I spy with my little eye. I can see Marcus in the corner of my eye. And he's always spying cause he's a little spy." He sang.

Rashy and I both started laughing at Jesse's singing. The guy always knew how to make people laugh and that is what made him so special. You could be sad, lonely or even depressed and the moment Jesse walks into the room, all your problems would disappear.

We were sitting in the train, on our way to London for the FA Cup Final that takes place on Saturday. This is the final game of the 17/18 season and it is by far the most important one. United hasn't won any silverware so far this season, so this victory is crucial.

"So what's the plans for today, Soph?" Asked Rash.

"Well, I have a date with Dele." I said and smiled at him.

"Ohhhh." Said Jess and Rash in unison, causing me to roll my eyes at them.

"What? It's not like you two haven't been on a date before." I said and laughed at a memory that popped up in my head. "Like hell you guys have been on plenty of dates together." I chuckled.

"So?" Jesse asked.

"So?" Rash mimicked him.

"Everyone knows that the best date a person can ever have is one with their best friend." Said Jess.

Oh my word. These guys are too much.

"Is that so?" I asked.

"Yeah." Replied Rash.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Try it and you'll see. Call Alice and while you at it, tell her I said hi." Rashy said and winked at me.

Oh Gosh. I always had my suspicions that Rashy might have had a crush on Alice but what I didn't expect was for it to be real and yet here we are.

"If you like her, just ask her out." I said to Rash.

"That's horrible advice. He's already in a relationship with me." Jesse pointed out. The way he said it and the look on his face was priceless. He was so serious when he said it and it was kinda cute.

"Alice will be the side chick. You are the love of my life, Jessparagus." Rashy said. He looked into Jesse's eyes so deeply and his smile was enormous.

"You will always be my forever, Rash Beans." Said Jesse. His smile lasted about 5 seconds before they both bust out into laughter.

I shook my head as the two of them continued laughing. All I could think about was how much I missed these two when I was in Hollywood.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Later that day.

Dele and I were laying in bed. My head rested on his arm as I drew circles on his bare chest. I looked up to Dele and noticed how deep in thought he was. I furrowed my eyebrows as I just stared at him.

"What's on your mind?" I asked him. I was curious to know what was going through that mind of his.

"Just something." He said. The tone in his voice indicated that something wasn't right at all.

I wrapped the sheet around me before sitting up and facing him. Dele had a blank expression on his face, clearly indicating that something was wrong.

"Tell me." I demanded.

"What did you say yesterday?" Dele asked with a straight face.

What was this guy even talking about? I displayed a confused face and furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Yesterday? When?"

"At Ronaldo's launch party."

Uh-Oh! I was afraid this conversation was going to happen at some point. I just didn't expect it so soon.

"You mean about supporting United." I asked and Dele shook his head.

"Yeah. I thought you had my back, Soph!" He said.

Dele sounded very disappointed in me but honestly he was being a child. He knows that I always have his back but when asked a question like that, I have to go with what's in my heart and that is United. Unfortunately, United will always be my first priority and he needs to understand that.

"I do but..." I started but trailed off.

"But nothing! I am your boyfriend now, Sophia, and my team is playing United in the FA Cup Final this weekend. A little support from my girlfriend is all I wanted." Dele said. The tone in his voice getting slightly higher after each word spoken.

"Yeah you're right. Your team is playing this weekend and you know what, they are playing mine. Just because we're in a relationship, you can't expect me to turn on my team." I said.

"I never said that you must stop supporting them. All I wanted was a little support from my girlfriend and she couldn't even do that. Instead she chose to embarrass me on live television. Your comments might have not affected you, but it did affect me. I have a club that I am apart off. What affects me, affects them, so the next time you decide to go against my team, remember that my career is on the line." Dele said.

"I never intended to hurt you." I whispered.

"But you did. Now I'm gonna make this easy, me or them? You choose me and you can stay here the entire weekend. You choose them, I can't be seen with you in public until after the FA Cup hype is over." Dele said.

Was this really the moment? Was this really when we experienced our first mini break up? It was. My heart was beating so fast while tears filled my eyes. I love Dele so much and I never intended on hurting him and yet here we are.

"My whole life I supported Manchester United. I am a Ferguson. My dad was the manager when I was born. I was basically born into that club. It is my home. It will always be." I said.

I got out of bed and picked up my clothes from the floor. I quickly put on my underwear and then my black dress. I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse from the chest draw.

"I love you, Dele. I really do but as long as I'm a Ferguson, United will always be in my heart." I said and walked out of the room.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates in the last week 🤦🏼‍♀️ the last few weeks have been real hectic but regular updates will be back again from this week ☺️ hope you enjoy this chapter! 🤗

Thanks for reading ☺️ Please vote and comment 🙏🏼💜 x