▹ [20] Jealous Boyfriends.

Monday.

"Miss Sophia, you have a visitor." Said the maid, Emma as I walked out of the bathroom.

A visitor? Who could be visiting this early in the morning? And why?

"Visitor?" I asked, as I walked towards my closet. I opened the door and walked inside.

"A special one." Emma said and winked at me.

"Send them up then." I said and pulled my navy blue dress from my draw.

I quickly changed into my dress and brushed my hair before sitting down on my bed. I checked my phone to see if there was any messages from Dele and there were still nothing. Dele hasn't spoken to me since last night and I find that really odd since usually I would get up to a good morning message. But today, there was nothing.

I was brought out of my thoughts when there was a knock on my room door. I looked up to my door and saw Dele standing outside my room. A big smile appeared on my face as he walked into my room. I quickly stood up and ran towards him, grappling him into a hug.

He laughed as I wrapped my arms around him. "Somebody missed me." He chuckled.

"So so much." I said before crashing my lips into his.

After a few seconds, he pulled away and smiled at me. "Hey." He greeted me.

Ugh. Why is he so darn cute?

"Hi." I smiled back at him. "What are you doing here?" I asked as we walked over to my bed.

"I came to see you. I was worried after what happened yesterday. I saw the newspapers. Are you okay?"

"Just as I said over the phone yesterday, all 5000 times that you called.." I said and rolled my eyes at him, "I am perfectly fine." I reassured him. "But you can thank Rashy for that." I added.

"Rashy?" Dele asked, surprised.

"Yeah. He's the one who found me drunk at Panacea. He took me home and got me sober. Well, him and Alice."

"Well I guess I should call him then."

Dele reached into his pocket to grab his phone but stopped when something caught his attention. "I recognize that jacket." Dele said. His eyes were fixed onto Jesse's tracksuit jacket that was laying on my dressing table.

Yesterday when Jesse and Rash dropped me off at home, I was wearing Jesse's jacket. Unfortunately when I invited him home last night, things were so intense that I forgot to give it back to him.

"I'm sure you do cause it's Jesse's." I said.

Dele looked at me with a straight face. I hadn't told him that I was with Jesse yesterday and I was starting to regret that decision. The look on Dele's face said it all. He was hurt but angry at the same time.

"Jesse was here? Why didn't you tell me?" Dele asked with a straight face.

"Because I know how you feel about me being friends with him." I said and looked at Dele who was now pacing back and forth in my room. "You don't like it." I put my head down and started to fiddle with my fingers.

"Yeah and you know why?" Dele asked and stopped pacing around. He stopped in front of my desk and looked at me. "Because he's that one ex of yours that you can't seem to get rid of. All this time I've been quiet but the truth is that I know you've been seeing him." Dele said, taking me by surprise. I looked up to him with widened eyes.

"I know that he's the one who saved you from being mobbed that day when that picture was leaked. I know that you spent the night with him at the hotel, that night after my team advanced to the finals. I called you out that night to celebrate but you chose to stay with him. It's things like that, that upsets me. I love you, Sophia but I can't be with you if you're in love with someone else. Especially if that someone else is my England teammate." Said Dele.

A tear fell from my eye when those last few words came out of his mouth. I stood up and walked towards him. I placed my hands on either side of his face and looked deep into his watery eyes. "Dele, I love you and only you. Jesse is just my friend. Nothing more. Yeah we have a past together but we grew up. We're mature now and we've moved past us. Jesse will always be part of my life, there's no doubt about it but that doesn't mean that I still love him. He is my past but you... you are my future. And there's nobody else I'd rather be with than you." I said and smiled at him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I love you, Dele." I said.

"No more secrets and lies?" Dele asked.

"No more."

Dele smiled before crashing his lips onto mine. A few seconds later, he pulled away. I smiled at him before wrapping my hands around his neck. Dele looked at the clock on the wall and sighed.

"You gotta go.. don't ya?"

"Uh-huh."

"Then go!" I chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I love you." Dele said and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled as I watched Dele leave.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Dele's POV.

I jumped into the rental car and took out my phone from my pocket. I unlocked my phone with my finger print and went into my contacts. I clicked the search button and then typed in his name. Once it came up, I clicked on his name and pressed call.

I tapped my feet on the ground as if I had nerves while anxiously waiting for him to pick up his phone. After a few rings, he finally answered.

"Dele! Hey!" He answered.

"Hey, Jess! How you doing mate?" I asked.

"Good, good mate. How about you?"

"Good thanks. I need you to do me a favour."

"What's up?"

"Look man. I really love Sophia and given the history you two have, I don't really feel comfortable with you seeing her." I said.

I heard Jesse sigh over the phone. "Seriously bro, that's what you called me for?"

"I'm been serious, Jesse! She is my girlfriend and I'd appreciate it if you stay the hell away from her."

Jesse laughed sarcastically on the other end of the line which caused me to roll my eyes. I was being serious and here he was acting like an amateur.

"This isn't high school, Dele. Grow up a little. If you're so threatened by me, then why didn't you come and say it to my face instead of doing it over the phone?" Jesse asked. Judging by the tone of his voice, I could tell he was angry.

"I'd rather not waste my time coming to that tinpot training ground to see your pathetic face."

"Look who's talking about having a tinpot training ground. When you play for a club as big as Manchester United, then come talk to me." Jesse said and chuckled. "And my pathetic face so happens to be the one thing your girlfriend loves."

What a jackass! Bringing Sophia into this argument.

"Just stay the hell away from my girlfriend, Lingard!" I blurted out loud. "And as for our clubs, we'll settle this on the field on Saturday."

"Get ready for an ass whipping." Jesse said and hung up the phone.

It's settled then. If Lingard wants to play, then let's play. On Saturday we're not just fighting for the trophy, we're fighting for our teams pride and for my girlfriend. But there will only be one team victorious!

Mines!

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Uh-Oh! Dele just started a war🙊 What are your thoughts? 🤔 And who's side are you on? 😧

Thanks for reading ☺️
Please vote and comment
🙏🏼💜 x