▹ [29] Face To Face.

Saturday.

Location: Malibu.
Event: Malibu Beach Festival.

The sun shinning bright over Malibu beach. People jumping up and down barefoot on the sand as the loud music blasted out of the speakers. Red plastic cups filled with alcohol. And couples making out on the beach. It was a typical Malibu Beach Festival.

Singers, actors, musicians, models, even wrestlers and footballers crowded the VIP section. If there was one thing the stars of Hollywood love, it was the Beach Festival.

My cup was nearly empty and so was Jesse's. He looked at mine and smiled the cutest smile at me. "Time for a refill. Be back soon." He said and placed a kiss on my cheek before walking away.

Jesse has been so amazing in these last few days. He has been there for me when I really needed him to be. I know I moved on a little too fast but I am honestly the happiest I have ever been. Part of me is still healing from the wounds that Dele and Alice have caused me but I know for a fact that in time it will heal.

I stood on the beach, admiring the majestic deep blue sea. As I watched the waves crash against the shore, I couldn't help but feel something I haven't felt in a while; peace.

But that feeling would slowly disappear.

"Look who showed up at the beach festival." Said an unexpected voice.

My eyes widened at the sound of that voice, that voice I wanted to get out of my head so badly. My palms started to become sweaty and my throat began to get tight while so many different questions filled my mind.

Why was he here? What did he want? Why would he even show his face here again? Was he going to gloat about how he played me? What would happened if Jesse walked here right now?

I turned around and met the eyes of my exotic ex. "Dele! You do know that I actually live in LA, right? I go to these things every year." I said and rolled my eyes at him.

"You can cut the attitude, I just came to apologize." Said Dele.

Apologize? Is this guy being serious? The words I'm sorry isn't going to change the fact that he cheated on me with my best friend.

"I'm sorry, Sophia. I'm sorry for cheating on you and I'm sorry for being a complete jerk to you when I should have treated you like the princess you are." He said. Dele had tears in his eyes but even though I believed every word he said, it hurt too much to forgive him.

"You honestly think you could come over here and apologize and everything will be alright?" I asked but got no response from him. "No Dele, that's not how it works." I said and shock my head.

"Sophia." Dele whispered.

A tear escaped my eye and Dele was quick to spot it. He was about to place his finger on my cheek and rub it off, before I pushed his hand away. "No! Don't touch me!" I spat. "Nothing... nothing hurts more than sleeping with a best friend."

Dele took a step forward, forcing me to take a step back. "Alice was poisoning my mind. She told me that you was still in love with Jesse and that you always will love him. She was telling me all kinds of stuff but now I know the truth and I feel terrible about what I did." He said.

I wasn't having anything he was saying. Even if Alice did tell him all of those things, he still cheated on me with her and that will never change.

"Nothing you say will ever make me forgive you for what you did." I said to him.

Just then Rash and Madison arrived. "What are you doing here?" Asked Rash.

"I'm on holiday just like y'all." Dele pointed out a little too harsh, I might had. I have no idea why he's giving Rash attitude when Rash didn't do anything wrong.

"That's-" Rash said and took a step forward before I cut him off.

"Rash stop!" I ordered and Rash immediately looked at me with a straight face. "It's okay. We were just talking." I said and Rash took a step back.

Jesse arrived with our drinks soon after. The moment he saw Dele, he pecked my lips. Dele's immediate laugh caught everyone's attention. "I guess Alice was right all this time and I'm the fool for apologizing." Dele scoffed.

The look on Dele's face indicated that he was hurt. Heartbroken even. I don't understand why he was hurt when he was the one who did the wrong in the first place. If he really loved me, then he wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place.

He was about to walk away when he was stopped by Jesse. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Jesse. The moment Dele turned around, Jesse punched him in the face so hard that he fell to the ground.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

A bit of a short chapter but what do you think? 🤔
Let me know 🤗

Thanks for reading ☺️
Please vote and comment
🙏🏼💜 x