Chapter 25: The Great Escape Part 2

There are times in your life where you completely black out. You are completely in the zone. So in the zone that if someone asks you later, you can't tell them jack shit about what happened. The run to the lodge was definitely one of those moments.

It was the second greatest escape of your life. It may have been the first if you fucking remembered it. You and Sam basically earned the title of parkour champions because, as she would later tell you, you both dodged trees, jumped over gas canisters, and were all around total badasses until you got to the door of the lodge. Before you could even remember blinking, you and Sam were at the lodge door.

You all but slammed into the door before trying to unlock it. No dice. You let out a curse and were seconds away from breaking the door down with your foot like an action hero when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You whipped around and planted you fist in the face of that Wendigo bastard. Except it wasn't a Wendigo.

"What the hell? Holy shit!" Mike cursed, holding his jaw. Well, at least you knew you could defend yourself.

"Me? What about you? Why the fuck did you sneak up on us?" You were never more on edge in your life and in came Mike sneaking up on you like a goddamn serial killer.

"We don't have time for this," Sam said, "We've gotta get inside before another Wendigo comes."

You nodded shakily and before you know it, Sam was opening the door. Rocks are a hell of thing. Mike wrapped an arm around you as you all walk inside. Sam snorted when she turned and saw you two. You and Mike looked at each other for a second before flipping her off in perfect unison.

"Alright gang, we gotta get Y/N back to her husband!" Mike said in a way to cheerful voice. You pulled away from him and punched him in the shoulder.

"What is it with you and punching me?!"

"Keep being a dick and there will be plenty more fists of fury to follow."

"Imbeciles," Sam muttered. "I'm friends with imbeciles."

You let out a laugh before you stopped abruptly. Your gaze hardened as you faced Mike. "Mike, where is Josh?"

(A/N: For some reason this is on its way to becoming a Mike fic but I swear Chris will be back in a second! I just really like the idea of Mike and the reader being really good friends to the point where shit like this happens.)