Chapter 24: The Great Escape

You and Sam scaled the cliff like fucking champions. At least, that's what you kept telling yourself. Frankly, Sam was doing amazing and you were managing to keep up. Overall, not a terrible performance on your part. At least you were better than Chris in 'climbing class'.

Josh told you about the whole 'climbing class' thing before all this shit happened. You had found it more endearing than anything. You would give so much to feel that way again. To go back to that time. When things were simple and you were happy. Now you were narrowly avoiding scratching your hand on rocks and falling to your death.

Sam let out a small warning as a few pebbles come flying down from the place she put her foot. You closed your eyes and moved yourself closer to the wall to avoid them. "Sorry! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it, Sam." You regained your grip on the rocks and started moving again. "Besides, a few pebbles never killed anyone."

"I guess not. You never know though," Sam let out a breathy laugh as she reached for another ledge.

"I mean, you're right. We're in the middle of a great escape right now! All this shit's going on and I would suffer from death by pebbles. Lame!" You tried to smile, but you were too focused on getting up the cliff.

"I would rather you not die at all, thanks." Sam muttered and she finally pulls herself over the top of the cliff. She reached her hand out for you to grab.

"That's the plan but, if I have to die tonight, pebbles is not my preferred way to go."

"Shut up and give me your hand!" You happily obliged and let Sam pull you the rest of the way up. Sam stares down the cliff and yells, "Ha! We fucking beat you!"

"What did I tell you? The Great Escape! That's my autobiography. I coined it! No stealing," You grabbed Sam's hand and started leading her to the lodge.

"I wasn't planning on stealing it," Sam rolled her eyes but let you drag her in the direction of the lodge. You both froze after hearing the sound of something following you. You and Sam turned to look at each other for a moment before nodding and bolting in the direction of the lodge.

(A/N: I'm back bitches! Sorry, I up and went off the grid for a LONG time. I haven't had the time to really update much but I'm determined to do so now! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will try to get another one out as soon as I can! Love you all! Hasta la later! <3)