Chapter 18: He's Grown On Me

Things were not looking up for you and Mike. You reached the end of the hallway, only to come face to face with a Wendigo in an open cage. Just your luck.

The Wendigo jumped at you and you prepared a swing, but a shot rang through the air. Mike shot the Wendigo back into the cage and you, him, and Wolfie bolted down the next hallway.

You cursed as more Wendigos joined the one chasing you. You grabbed Mike's hand and ran even faster. Wolfie was ahead of you both, leading the way to what you hoped was a safe exit.

You both ran through a door and slammed it shut. Mike was about I keep running, but you stopped. You leaned against a big metal cabinet and motioned for Mike to help you barricade the door. You both moved the cabinet and successfully blocked the door.

You both sighed in relief and moved to jump down the most promising looking hole. It probably wasn't the exit, but it was likely that you would find Josh there. Mike motioned for you to go first and you jumped down. Mike quickly followed. You both looked at Wolfie, who was looking down at you through the hole.

"Come on bud," you called out. Wolfie looked at you for a moment and then walked away from the hole. "Okay buddy. Stay safe."

Mike smirked at you. "See, I knew you would get attached to Wolfie."

"I'll admit, he's grown on me," you laughed in return.