Chapter Seventy-One

Would y'all be interested in a playlist for this book? It would be available on Apple Music and Spotify if enough people said yes.

Excuse any errors

Raelle

As soon as I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Dominic sitting on the floor against the wall next to the bathroom door, looking up at me with anticipating eyes.

"We have to wait five minutes before we get the results." I mumble, taking a seat across from him, bringing my knees to my chest as I rested my head on top of them. I was scared shitless of what these results could be. I don't know if I'm ready to be a mom yet. I don't have my career together. I'm still working on bettering my mental health. I wasn't at my best, and I didn't want my child to be affected by me still trying to figure out who I was.

"Why you look like you about to pass out?" Dom laughs.

"Because I am! A baby is a big deal Dominic." I say looking at him like he was dumb. He's acting like this isn't a serious situation. We could possibly be learning we're about to be parents in the next five minutes. That's some life changing shit.

"It is, but it's not like we can't do this. Money ain't a thing and you know that. We also love each other, so I don't see a problem with this. This baby will be surrounded by nothing but love." He says as I remain quiet placing my forehead back on my knees. He was right, but that still wasn't helping ease my nerves. After a few seconds of it being quiet he speaks up again.

"Is it me? You don't want to have a baby with me?" He asked softly, like he just realized what the problem was. I don't even need to look up to see that he's hurt. I can hear the vulnerability in his voice, which makes me immediately raise my head looking at him with wide eyes.

"No baby. That's not it. I would love to have your baby." I say crawling over to straddle his lap.

"Then what is it?" He ask looking up at me as I release a heavy sigh. I really didn't want to talk about this right now, but he deserved to know the inner workings of my mind.

"I'm scared I won't be a good mom." I admit avoiding his intense gaze. I closed my eyes so I would have the courage to continue speaking knowing he was looking at me.

"I didn't have the best role models for how to be a good parent. The thought of turning out like my mom terrifies me. What if I'm not good enough Dom? What if they hate me?" I say referring to the potential baby, hearing my voice crack just thinking about my child not loving me. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom. I wanted to have the relationship I never got with my mom with my child. I always knew motherhood was something I wanted, but the possibility of turning out like my parents because that's all I know scared me.