Chapter Twenty-Nine

This is my favorite Christmas album ever! Don't press play until you get to the omniscient part  😌

Excuse any errors. Enjoy ♥️

 Enjoy ♥️

Kevin

"Daddy daddy daddy wake up." I hear a small voice say followed my several taps to my face. I open one of my eyes to see Kaz sitting on my chest, as Izzy stands off to the side of the bed.

She just gone send her little brother out to do the dirty work while she stands to the side looking all innocent in her Princess and the frog pajama gown.

"Daddy I think Santa forgot to come to our house because it's no presents under Uncle Kasim's tree!" My baby girl pouts.

"I know you said he was getting coal for Christmas but that shouldn't mean us too! We were good this year." She continues earning a laugh from Dreka who sticks her head from under the comforter.

"You told them Kasim was getting coal?" She ask while laughing.

"Man they needed to know when you act bad you get coal in ya stocking." I say with my raspy morning voice.

"What time is it? And why are y'all little asses up looking at the tree before ya mama and I told y'all that it was okay to go downstairs?" I question them.

"Okay daddy this is what happened." Izzy starts off her extravagant story.

"Kaz thought he heard Santa and his reindeer on the roof, I told him nuh-uh but he kept saying yes. Soooo we had to go downstairs so that I could prove him wrong which I did." She says proudly as Kaz just sits there looking unbothered as always.

I try my best not to laugh at their foolishness, so they don't think them not following the rules we set in place is okay.

"You two better be lucky it's Christmas." Dreka says pulling Kaz off of me to her so that she can kiss his face making him erupt in a fit of giggles.

I pull Izzy up onto the bed as she gets between her mother and I snuggling up to my side. This is what the holidays are all about for me. Spending quality time with my family, and right now that includes laying in bed with the three people I would give my life up for.

"What time is it?" Dreka asks me.

"6:45 am." I respond looking over at the alarm clock on the nightstand.

"Okay my babies how about we sleep until 8 and then we head to uncle Dom's house to open presents because that's where Santa took your toys!" Dreka says excitedly making the kids smile wide as they nod their heads repeatedly.