Chapter 35 - Father Figure

Mulai dari awal

But just as the Optimus clone was about to lead the Autobots to their doom, a glimmer of hope emerged from the crevice. A red mustang drove up the cliff and out of the crevice towards the group.

"Windcharger?!" Ratchet spoke with surprise. 

"You were in the crevice?" Huffer asked.

"Then this is Optimus Prime, and he is telling us the truth." Ironhide stated. "The crevice is safe."

Windcharger transformed with a huff, shaking his helmet as he brought out a destroyed mini-drone. "No way! The only reason I survived was because I transformed into vehicle mode before I landed in a heap of Carolinian Crystals!" he explained. "Those crystals destroy any electronic parts on contact."

Vaughan smiled at the sight. She mentally fist pumped, glad that Windcharger was A.O.K. and was clearing things up.

"But when you transformed... your rubber tires protected you!" Wheeljack added.

"Exactly! You're being led into a trap." Windcharger stated, pointing a finger at the clone of Optimus Prime. "It's been set up by Megatron, and he's also got Spike and Vaughan."

Megatron and the others growled at the sight, not liking where this was heading. Vaughan and Spike glanced at each other, wide smiles all around. 

"Pure drivel!" Megatron stated through the microphone, the clone speaking with Prime's voice. "The Decepticons have obviously changed Windcharger's logic circuits to mislead you all."

He glanced around, looking at all of the Autobots. "There is nothing that will harm us in the crevice."

"But what about Spike and Vaughan?" Bumblebee asked with concern.

"They're... unimportant!" The clone stated, walking forward towards the crevice.

That one seemed to set the Autobots off. Shocked and serious faces emerged on their face plates as Megatron too froze with fear, regretting his words. Vaughan couldn't help but snicker at the sight. He was in big trouble now.

"Forget the crystals Autobots!" the real Optimus ordered.

Ironhide smiled. "Now we know which Prime is Prime! The real one would save Spike and Vaughan!"

"Yeah! Let's ditch those crystals!" Jazz agreed, wiping out his blaster.

Vaughan smiled at the sight, glad to see her Autobot partner was finally coming to his senses. The rest of the Autobots followed his lead as they shot glares at the clone. 

"So you're the phony!" Ratchet growled.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" Windcharger stated. "He's an evil clone, an empty shell!"

"Autobots, destroy the imposter!" Ironhide ordered.

The Autobots and the real Optimus took aim with their blasters, directing them to face the clone who just looked terrified. Megatron included. They all open fired, sending the clone straight down into the crevice and Megatron lost his connection with the clone as the screen went black.

"No! Don't you-- Ugh! My creation!" Megatron yelled as he ripped his clone helmet off his head. "With the replica destroyed, we must escape! NOW!" 

The Decepticons squired around to their posts. As Vaughan and Spike helplessly watched, Megatron scooped them up in his hand, walking through the tunnel and towards the exit. Just as their base began taking off into the sky, the door opened as Megatron poked his head outside to see Optimus and the other Autobots running towards the sight, halting as they watched the ship take off into the air.