Chapter 6: Swollen bellies

"Gosh, you aren't making it easy for me" Kazumi said as he rubbed his swollen belly, he was now almost 8 months pregnant and it was showing. Kazumi was making his way towards the towns square, for the weekly market. The people here loved Kazumi and always gave him discounts or helped him with carrying stuff around.

The people were absolutely thrilled when they saw Kazumi, but a little scared seeing his swollen belly

The people were absolutely thrilled when they saw Kazumi, but a little scared seeing his swollen belly. The children were the first to approach Kazumi.

"Kazu-kun, what's wrong with your belly?" One of them asked. Kazumi smiled with joy.

"I'm going to have a child!" He said and the children were in awe. The people who heard the news were both excited and jealous. Excited, because they've never seen Kazumi so happy and jealous knowing that Katakuri had officially claimed him.

"Really?! But doesn't your belly hurt?" Another asked excited. Kazumi nodded a little, but still kept his smile.

"It does, but when it's born none of that will have mattered" Kazumi said and started to make his way forward again. The children walked around him like a protective shield and two children were each holding one of Kazumi's hands. They were close to the first market stand when a tall shadow loomed over Kazumi and the children. The children were terrified, while Kazumi smiled knowing exactly who it was.

"I told you stay at home in safety, while the servants get whatever you need and want" Katakuri said as Kazumi turned around. The children were hiding behind Kazumi except for one of the children, who was still holding Kazumi's hand.

"I know, but I really wanted to get out of the house, besides I'll be safe here. I highly doubt anybody here holds an ill will towards our child" Kazumi said and gently rubbed his belly. Katakuri sighed and crouched down to place his hand on Kazumi's big belly as well.

"Fine, I'm just concerned. I'll be going to the flour farms today to inspect, I hope to be back before dusk" Katakuri said and placed a kiss on Kazumi's stomach and on Kazumi's forhead, before leaving.

"Don't worry! We'll protect Kazu-kun!!" The child holding Kazumi's hand yelled, causing Katakuri to stop in his tracks, but then continued walking. Kazumi was then gently dragged over to cloth sellsman and woman by the children. The couple behind the stand smilled at Kazumi.

"Goodday to you, Kazumi-sama and congratulations on your pregnancy" The woman and grabbed the cloth that Kazumi had asked for awhile back.

"Thank you" Kazumi said and gave the woman the berries. The woman then realized something.

"Oh! Wait here for a few minutes please, I think I still have some clothing used during pregnancy" The woman said and started to search for the clothing she meant.

"You don't have to! I'm sure I can still wear the clothing I used to during my pregnancy" Kazumi said not wanting to waste the woman's time.

"Nonsense! Besides I already found it. Here take it, it's from me to you as a gift" the woman said and handed Kazumi a soft gown. Kazumi grabbed more berries, but she quickly stopped saying that it's a gift and that she didn't need money for it.

"Next is the.... The fruit stand!" Kazumi said to himself. The children had gone of the play, but were all still keeping an eye on Kazumi and so was everyone else, not wanting to face the wrath of Katakuri should anything happen.

Kazumi finally got to the fruit stand and started to realize that he made a mistake. His feet were killing him and his ribs were starting to hurt as well.

"I'm guessing you are here for the usual?" A young male, who was running the stand, asked. Kazumi nodded and smiled a little, feeling unable to respond. The male running the stand was quite concerned and called for his intern.

The intern was a rough looking male, with a few scars and hideous side burns. Kazumi felt untrusting of the male and seemingly tried to shield his swollen belly from him.

"Help Kazumi-sama, by getting this stuff to his home" The stand owner said. The intern looked a little annoyed, but covered it up with a nod and picked up the crate filled to the brim with all types of fruit.

Kazumi tried to walk as best as he could back to the house, but a few steps to the mansion he couldn't go any further. He was breathing loudly and cluthing his belly. The intern looked a little concerned, but he just wanted to get this over with. The intern walked forward and put the crate by the door of which he assumed was Kazumi's home.

He then walked back to Kazumi and looked a little guilty. He apologized before putting a cloth to Kazumi's face and after a certain while of  inhaling the scent of the cloth Kazumi collapsed. The 'intern' caught him before he hit the ground knowing that his head would be on a silver platter if anything were to happen to him or the children.

The man grabbed his Den Den Mushi and contacted a certain man. A man that desperately wanted Kazumi.

"Sir?... I've got him... Yes... I'll get to you as soon as possible... Not a single scratch, understood" The man said and after he put the Den Den Mushi down, he looked at Kazumi.

"It's not hard to know why so many people want you" He said to himself and carried Kazumi over to his boat at the docks. He made sure not to be seen by anybody as he made his way over.

After he finally arrived at the ship, he put Kazumi in the best bed and set sail with a few other people that were also assigned to the mission.

"Set course for Dressrosa!"