Chapter 5: Love at first... lunch?

Katakuri was enjoying his daily lunch, in his closed of house made of mochi, that was until somebody was thrown straight through the wall. Katakuri nearly choked on his donut when it happened.

Before he could even swallow the donut he had in his mouth, Kazumi stormed past him and towards the man that was laying on the floor. Katakuri grew furious when he realised that somebody saw him eating. Kazumi however didn't even bat an eye at Katakuri's appearance. Instead...

"Sorry for interrupting your lunch, Katakuri-san, please pardon me" Kazumi said giving a bow as apology. Katakuri still wasn't happy. He glowered at Kazumi, who just stood there like nothing was wrong.

"You saw didn't you?" Katakuri growled at him, Kazumi just nodded and gave him a toothy grin, revealing his equally sharp teeth. Katakuri faltered at the sight.

"I didn't think a half dragon was here!" Kazumi said cheerfully with a smile, his sharp teeth disappearing. Katakuri looked confused, making Kazumi confused as well.

"Wait... You're not part dragon?" Kazumi asked and Katakuri quickly covered his face with his scarf. The man on the floor groaned a little, but was knocked out when Kazumi kicked him.

"I'm not part dragon, this is just a curse" Katakuri said looking downcasted. Kazumi frowned at this, he grabbed the man that was still laying on the floor and threw him out through the hole in the wall. He then walked closer to Katakuri.

"I think you look pretty cool!" Kazumi said with another smile. Katakuri was blushing a little because of it, nobody ever complimented his teeth. Yet this male that he hardly knew just gave him one, just like that. Kazumi was concerned when Katakuri didn't respond.

"Um... Are you okay?" Kazumi asked gently reaching out. Katakuri took a step back in response. Katakuri opened his mouth to say something, but somebody interrupted him. That somebody was non other than his brother Oven.

"Kazumi-san, your parents are calling you from your home" At the mention of his parents, Kazumi shined brighter than the sun.

"Thanks Oven-san, I'll be right there! Oh, Katakuri-san sorry for disturbing your lunch, once again, I hope I can do something to make up for it" Kazumi said and was about to leave, but Katakuri stopped him by grabbing his wrist. Oven frowned at his brother when he saw him touching Kazumi.

"Join me for lunch tomorrow if you want to make up for it" Katakuri said and let go. Kazumi smiled and nodded before walking to Oven and leaving.

The next day Katakuri came to look for Kazumi, but to his suprise, Kazumi ran straight into him with a terrified look on his face, he was also carrying a basket, behind Kazumi was a group of men with preverted looks on their faces.

(Kazumi is wearing this)

"Hey bud, mind handing over the pretty thing?" One of the men called out. Kazumi could easily beat one of them, but nine was a bit to much. Katakuri looked at them and then to Kazumi, his eyes refused to leave Kazumi's. The men growled when they realised Katakuri wasn't going to give them Kazumi.

"Hey! We asked you something didn't we?! Hand him over, asshole!" Katakuri's eyes flased red and without even looking at them, he wrapped them up in mochi and suffocated them. 

"Um... Hi?" Kazumi awkwardly said tugging his hair behind his ear. Katakuri nodded at him and held out his hand, Kazumi looked at it and gently took it and both of them started walking to a secluded area. Once they arrived at said area Katakuri immediately build his usual mochi house and invited Kazumi in.

Kazumi timidly took a seat and put the basket on the make shift table. Katakuri sat opposite of him and things got quite awkward.

"Soooo... Do you want any donuts?" Kazumi asked trying to start the conversation. Katakuri perked up at the mention of donuts with stars in his eyes, Kazumi giggled at the sight of it and handed him a donut that came from the basket he brought along. Despite knowing that Kazumi had already seen his face, Katakuri still felt nervous to show his face. Kazumi was also staring at him intently, making him even more nervous. Kazumi was actually staring because he hoped he would get a good reaction to the donuts he made. 'I hope he likes them, I spend all night trying to make them perfect' Kazumi thought.

Katakuri gulped a little, before pulling down his scarf and eating the donut in one go. It felt as if his world froze and Kazumi's face held disappointment, because of the shocked expression Katakuri made. 'I knew it! They taste horrible and he hates them' He thought and looked down at his lap playing with his tumbs.

"Hey... Uuummm... You don't happen to have more of those do you?" Kazumi heard Katakuri's voice ask. He nodded and handed him the basket, which was filled to the brim with baked goods, under which donuts, cupcakes and cookies.

Katakuri could feel the drool cascading down his chin. Katakuri wanted to stuff himself full, but decided against it seeing as there wasn't a lot. Kazumi looked up from his lap and saw Katakuri eating the donuts with a delightful look on his face.

"D-do you like them?" Kazumi asked softly as his hair fell into his face. Katakuri nodded rapidly and happily ate the rest of the treats.

"I absolutely love them... And um... I was wondering if you could bake these all the time?" Katakuri asked. Kazumi blushed a little and nodded pushing his hair behind his ear.

"I would love to bake these for you, but I still have duties to preform and in awhile I'll be married and won't have much time to bake, probably" Kazumi said timidly. Katakuri frowned at the thought of having to share Kazumi's baking skills, or actually Kazumi in general and then decided why not marry Kazumi before any of his siblings do.

"Wait here" Katakuri said and sprinted out of the mochi room. Kazumi looked a bit confused, but shrugged it off and waited patiently.

Katakuri meanwhile was all winded once he entered the throne room, where Big Mom was snacking on a huge cake.

"Mamamama~ Katakuri, what's gotten into you?" Big Mom said as she shoved another large piece of caks in her mouth. Katakuri took a deep breath and answered.

"Mama, may I marry Kazumi?" Katakuri asked. Big Mom grinned after thinking about it.

"That would be perfect! Imagine how strong your children would be!!" Big Mom said. She then ordered servants to write down the things they would need for the wedding, including a suit and a dress. They also had to infrom Kazumi's parents, which wasn't really necessary, because Kazumi's mom stormed in with the king following her.

"My mother insticts are telling me that my baby is getting married and I demand to know to who and when it is and that I will make sure that my baby is dressed properly" Kazumi's mom said and the rest of the people in the room just watched astonished as it happened. Big Mom wasn't really happy that Kazumi's mom was making more demands. To put it simple they got into an agrument, however Kazumi's mom is not the type to back down and after turning into her half dragon state and threatning to burn down the entire kingdom if Big Mom didn't agree, Big Mom agreed to her terms.