1. Clinic is closed... Permanently

Start from the beginning

I could feel my manly tears flowing down mentally as I locked the main doors and pulled out my phone from my pants pocket.

[Working hard is only for the dummies... I mean like come on, work smart! Even right now I'm making money without doing anything!] - Wiya

[Yea... right...] - (Y/N)

Of course, I would not believe what she has said because she always visits my clinic to 'hangout' every afternoon as if she doesn't have anything to do. Near 6 pm, then she would go back home or be called by someone. I bet it is her parents were worried about her...

Maybe her parents spoil her too much...

[Are you doubting me hmmm?] - Wiya

Her narrowed towards me as I avoided her eye contact and whistled a bit trying to put up a comedic atmosphere.

[Maybe I am... maybe I am not?] - (Y/N)

[Nn... jerk] - Wiya

She playfully slams her fist on my right shoulder causing me to chuckled after seeing her cuteness.

[Ou! Oui! Stop it Wiya, I am trying to make a call here] - (Y/N)

Surprisingly, she listened and stopped but still pouting. I let out a satisfying huff after dialling some numbers and waited for my call to reach. From the corners of my eyes, I could see Wiya being curious while tilting her head.

*Ring!*
*Ring!*

After a few minutes of waiting, my call did not reach until the voice call bot to respond. I closed my phone before stuffing it back into my pants.

[Who are you trying to call?] - Wiya

[Carren, my neighbour] - (Y/N)

A frown formed on her face as she grins.

That is the face she always makes before spouting out incel jokes.

[Who the fuck calls Karen!] - Wiya

[Her name is Carren! And not Karen, Clean out your ear wax after this] - (Y/N)

She laughs wholeheartedly after seeing my annoyed expression.

I can proudly say that I, respect women but to some extent. Hearing an incel joke is kind of uncomfortable to me, especially when it came from a man.

But if it comes from a woman then.... that will be a different case and I will leave this predicament to be judged by the female's community.

[It's pretty weird that she didn't pick up my call...] - (Y/N)

[Maybe she went out for a holiday?] - Wiya

I shrug my shoulders and took a different approach by going to her house instead, which is right beside my clinic anyways.

Some would ask 'Why to bother to call her when her house is near?'. I do not want to take much of her time and zoom out of this town to get a head start in this long journey of mine.

My fist was about to knock on the door but the small note on it stopped me.

There were a few scribbles on the note that reads 'Away for holiday, going to be back after a few days'.

[How the hell sometimes your assumptions are always right?] - (Y/N)

[Educated guess~] - Wiya

She said while showing me a peace sign with her small tongue stuck out. I pinch both of her cheeks as I got close to her face.

[Educated guess my ass] - (Y/N)

[(Y/N) the big meany] - Wiya

I let go of my hands and she rubs the red spots where I had pinched.