Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

"I still don't understand. How can one me a friend and an enemy at the same time?"

"Should ask Stefan and Klaus. They have a frenemy thing going."

"I do remember hearing about ripper Stefan and Klaus from Elijah." Kol said in deep thought.

"Are you a ripper?" I asked.

"I am." Kol answered. I consciously moved away from him, hearing a chuckle. "Have I given you reason that I would kill you?"

"More like eat me." I mumbled.

"Not like that, darling." Kol's tone husky and had me shivering slightly. This guy was dangerous and not due to the fact he admitted he was a ripper or that he is a thousand-year-old vampire. But Kol was charming and knew how to twist girls and women around his little finger and sadly, I felt like I was one of them. I sighed aloud, I felt his hand on my shoulder, gently squeezing it.

"What do we do now then?" I asked.

"What would you like to do?" Kol asked me in turn. I shrugged. What should I do that meant staying in this room and keeping out of Klaus's way for a good six hours?

Kol and I had watched a few movies, Deadpool and Daddy's Home 2. I checked my watch, only half an hour left and then I could leave and go home. I thought I would head to the cabin to see Jeremy; I was missing him and hadn't seen him in a few days. We still talked everyday but it just wasn't the same. I was use to coming home and having him wrap me up in a hug and dragging me in the house to come eat dinner.

"I'm going to leave for a while." I said suddenly.

"Where will you be going?" Kol asked.

"My family has a lake house a few hours from here. Jeremy is staying there."

"That's where the hunter is." Kol sounded relieved.

"Yes."

"How long for?" he asked.

I shrugged. Maybe I will stay there for a few weeks or until school started. I was still apart of team Kill-Klaus but seemed like Kol knew the plans better then I did and showed up just to stop me from getting involved. I narrowed my eyes.

"How did you know about the other night?"

"You see, Nik is very taken with your Carol friend..."

"Caroline." I corrected.

"AND, I just happen to know that when she is pleasant with him, that something tends to happen. Elijah had also caught on and has advised Nik. Of course, Nik does not heed warnings well."

"Oh, so you guess that something is going on."

"Yes, as I also am more then aware that they want to use you to distract me."

I froze. Busted. Did I let something slip last night? No, I didn't drink that much, did I? I was panicking internally for a few seconds before I rose a brow. I was not going to trust my words right now. He would know when I was lying.

"Come now Jordan, do you really think that I would not guess that they would not figure out a way to distract me? I am curious to see how they will go about distracting Elijah." He sounded amused.

"And?" I asked feeling nervous.

"I am more then happy if it is you distracting me. I fancy you and I know you fancy me too."

I scoffed. This guy was full of it. of course, my heart betrayed me and Kol grinned.

"You can deny it, but I can hear that lovely heartbeat."

"Stop calling it lovely." I scowled.

"Why?" he asked, cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"Because, it's weird." I scrunched my face.

"I mean no insult. Heartbeats sound delicious to all vampires. I just happen to find yours very alluring and enjoy listening to it." he smiled. I kind of blinked. In a round about way, that did sound nice but also creepy still.

"Could you not say something else, like I have lovely eyes?" I grumbled.

"If you wish me too. I can tell you all the things I find lovely and alluring about you, Jordan."

I turned to him with a brow raised.

"Mmmhmmm...." I rolled my eyes when a thought sparked in my head and I gave him a look before a small laugh escaped me. how had I not seen it before. I was Kol's distraction of course but he was also mine. he showed up when Jeremy and Elena were at the dance and Klaus happens to show up there.

"I am so stupid." I laughed again. Kol looked at me, trying to figure out where my thoughts were going. I shook my head; I wasn't going to clue him in that I knew his plans.

"Pray do tell, how are you stupid, darling?" he asked me. I could hear the confusion and I just smiled at him.

"Nothing."

His eyes narrowed at me slightly. I just smiled.

"Looks like time is up, Mikaelson."

"I guess so, Miss Gilbert." Kol was giving me a look that was a mixture of, I'm onto you and I don't know what's going on.

"I will see you later then......" I paused after I stood up and looked at him. "If Klaus doesn't murder me on my way out."

"Klaus is currently out, darling." Kol smirked.

I narrowed my eyes. I had stayed here with Kol because I believed Klaus was wondering around downstairs. He had been out the entire time. I scowled.

"Has he been out this whole time."

"You never asked." Kol shrugged.