Chapter 16 - Mending & Breaking

Chapter 16
Ella
Mending & Breaking

A/N - I fell in love with Taylor's new song with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol, so I just had to use it! Thanks for reading lovelies (:

“Charlee, I’m not going to see him. Not after…” I pushed, putting the phone between my cheek and shoulder while I straightened up a project for my spring semester.

It’d been almost three weeks since I’d last talked to Jagger. I was hoping for some bit of insight as to how he felt, what he was thinking. But this wasn’t the case. After he left me in the middle of my living room, we hadn’t spoken since. Everything about him and the band was only relayed to me by Charlee.

“Come on,” she whined. “I know what he did was horrible and inexcusable. But Matty told me that he’s got this whole thing planned and he wants you there. Maybe it’s to get you back!”

I rolled my eyes as I clicked away on my presentation, putting up the finishing touches. “If he wanted me back he shouldn’t have left me like he did. Not when this…situation, had to be talked about,” I said, looking down to my belly.

I hadn’t grown much, if anything, since I last found out. I’d heard from somewhere on the internet that women didn’t start to show until well into their third month, so I was safe for a few more weeks. Until then, I was keeping a zipped lip about the whole ordeal. It was no one’s business but my own, and I liked to keep it that way.

“What’s with you and Matty anyway?” I questioned, noticing she was constantly telling me things about Jag and the band that she’d heard from Matty and no one else.

“This isn’t about me!” she whined, playing coy. “This is about you being with Jag and working things out.”

“Charlee…” I pushed, urging her to open up.

She sighed heavily, almost exasperated with me. “Fine! We’ve been getting to know each other, alright?”

I giggled a little at her frustration. “Aw, Matty and Charlee?” I gushed.

“Shut up! I’m talking about you here! Are you going to the show tonight with me or not?” she urged, using her forceful voice for once in her life.

I sighed, mimicking her earlier actions. “I don’t know, Char…”

“I want to see you happy,” she muttered, losing the forcefulness in her tone. “He makes you happy.”

“Not when he leaves me alone with his baby, Charlee. This time it’s different.”

“Please…” she pleaded. “You don’t even have to talk to him if you don’t want to. But I’d like someone to go with you while I see Matty, and Jagger wants to do this for you.”

“I don’t owe Jagger anything,” I practically growled.

“Just go with me! Please, Ella!” she begged.

I contemplated this for a few moments, ignoring her protests through the phone. If I did this, I’d be giving into Jagger again. I’d be allowing him to break me once again. But if I went, I would be free from Charlee’s constant begging, and I could probably shout a few profanities in Jagger’s way if need be.

“Fine, I’ll go! But I’m there for you and that’s all. I’ll leave when I please and talk to who I want,” I ordered, making sure I had a way out of this if the situation called for it.

I hadn’t really wanted to go and see him. It would hurt too much to see his face. I was carrying his child and he wanted nothing to do with him/her. How was I supposed to keep a brave face on while I watched him sing, pouring his heart out to everyone but me?