Chapter 5 - Second Chances

Chapter 5
Jagger
Second Chances

A/N - This is mostly a filler, so I'm sorry ): But I do promise that things will definitely start heating up next chapter with Ella's POV (: Thanks for the support dears!

“Rise and shine, Jag boy,” Wyatt’s voice pierced through my ear drums. I quickly placed my hands over them, wincing at the loud sound.

“Dude, quiet down,” I groaned, rolling the pillow over my face to shade myself from the sunlight seeping into the room through the massive open window in Cooper’s guest bedroom. “Why are you even in Cooper’s house this early?”

“This early? Jag, it’s afternoon,” he scoffed, throwing random articles of clothing at my body. “We have a meeting today and Coop said to come and wake you up.”

“And why didn’t he wake me up himself?” I asked, throwing the covers off of my body and groaning again as a wave of dizziness and sheer pain radiated through my head. I massaged my temples with my fingers as I got up off the bed.

“He didn’t feel like dealing with your attitude,” he grinned slyly at me as he threw a white v-neck at my chest. “You always get like this after a night out.”

“At least I had fun,” I muttered, throwing on the shirt and skinny jeans.

“Oh yeah?” he inquired. “What was her name this time?”

“I don’t ask for…” I went to say, but he cut me off.

“I’m sorry, I forgot. You don’t ask for names. Was she hot?”

“That’s about the dumbest question you’ve ever asked, dumbass. Of course she was,” I murmured, my mind running off to the tall brunette who was in my arms last night. I still couldn’t shake thoughts of her from the party. It was like I so drawn to her that I didn’t know how to cope with this new found feeling. “She knew who I was though…” I trailed off.

“Of course she did. You’re at like every party on campus,” Wyatt explained.

“No, she knew who I was from you and Matty. She said she knew I was a singer and that my name sounded familiar.”

“Well what did she look like? I talked to a lot of girls yesterday at the mall,” he said, walking out of my bedroom and towards the kitchen.

I followed him as I spoke. “She was tall, had like brown wavy hair and these big blue eyes. She was with this little blonde one too.”

Wyatt stopped dead in his trek to the kitchen and turned around. “Was the blonde all loud and perky?”

“Sort of. I mean she was drunk so I don’t…”

He cut me off. “I remember those girls!” he exclaimed with a snap of his fingers. He faced me with a smile. “Their names were…Wait a minute. Why do you seem so interested in this? You’ve never cared what your bed friends’ names were.”

I eyed him carefully as he smirked at me knowingly. With a shrug of my shoulders I said, “I’m not really interested. You just asked a question and I answered it.”

I walked over to the refrigerator and sipped from the milk carton inside. Wyatt watched me with that stupid smirk still planted on his face and I wanted to punch it off. I knew I was fucked now, he knew me too well to know that I wasn’t just going along with the conversation. He knew how badly I wanted to know her name.

“I don’t even know their names. I just remember the faces,” he said.

I dropped my hand down from my mouth and eyed him with a glare. “Then why the hell did you stand there and try to make fun of me?”