Chapter 70: Harsh Decision

Sorry for the late update, but uni took over my life. And unfortunately I will be doing slow updates for this book just until I have time. Remember to vote and comment and follow to get notifications on when I post a chapter. Thanks!

And please remember to stay healthy!

~~~

-Victoria-                                                                                                  

While speaking to James, Arthur and Liz, I noticed that Jacob hadn't returned yet. So I tunred around towards my brothers and sister. "Has anyone heard from Jacob?" Shouting gained everyone's attention. The majority of them shook their heads, while a few looked at each other and different speak. "No one?" I asked and no answered. Letting out a sigh I turned back to James, Arthur and Liz.

"He won't be long." Arthur re-assured me.

"I have no doubt but remember who he's bringing." I replied to him.

"I know my father. If he's willing to come here, you won't have an issue with him." James told us.

"Let's hope then." Liz said before Sapphire walked towards her with Daniel. It made me realise that I too was carrying a child. And a bump was starting to form, which wasn't the best when trying to get my amour on.

"Victoria!" We all faced the voice to see Matthew running towards us. "Jacob's here." This gained everyone's attention.

"Remember, he's still an assassin. Be extremely cautious." Everyone nodded as they quickly turned to Jacob walking in with Andrew. As they both walked forward us, James stepped forward to speak.

"What happened to your leg?" He asked, confused.

"Infection. Nothing to worry about." Andrew kept it short and simple to James' reply. "Now shall we?"

"Follow me." Arthur said before allowing us to all follow him into the private chamber where we conduct many of our decisions without the guild notification. As we walked Andrew spoke out.

"This is my first time, I've entered this guild without a blade forcing itself against my throat."

"If you don't stop talking, that'll change." Liz threatened. Which made Arthur smirk.

"Now, I see why you married her." Andrew commented towards Arthur.

Jacob let out a snort. "Yeah that's why." As Arthur unlocked the door, I turned towards Andrew.

"Now, anything you say in this room, stays in here. Your opinions on anyone, or anything doesn't leave this room, even ours. Do I make myself clear?"

"Of course."

"Good." I said as Arthur opened the door, allowing us all to enter. As we piled into the room, Arthur stayed next to the door to make sure no where red or left, but to also locked it behind us. "Now you all know why we are here. And this decision made today, will be done in tradition." Everyone nodded. "Arthur, would you like to start?" 

"Traditional law states, that the decision made here will be final." Arthur started. "But when this decision is made, it must be executed in any forms necessary. If you have any objections, make them fucking clear." He finished. Allowing everyone but myself to nod.

-Matthew-

"Matthew you've known Sparrow for a long time, will he really listen to her?" Conor asked, letting out a sigh.

"I don't know, but I know that Victoria won't stand down. And we'll stand by her side until he sees reason."

-Victoria-

"All in favour of made decision?" Arthur asked. James sighed as everyone nodded but he nodded in agreement, but I didn't.

"Victoria, your vote is important." Jacob said. I let out a sigh, feeling the tears come into the corner of my eyes. Quickly blinking them away, I slowly nodded.

"Decision has been made. Sparrow must die."

"Well then, at least one of us should inform Matthew." I told them. "Privately, if possible." Arthur nodded, allowing himself to be the individual to tell Matthew about this harsh decision. "Liz, I want you to put an extra patrol on, we need to know his every move, if he comes to the surface."

"Of course." Liz bowed before leaving.

"Jacob, I want you to take James to my fathers." Jacob nodded.

"What? No, I can help." James tried to persuade, but he knew it wouldn't get anywhere. Jacob places his hand onto his shoulder.

"Come on." James let out a sign before walking forward with Jacob.  As they walked passed me, James stopped.

"Victoria. If you do this, please give him a proper burial." I nodded, as him and Jacob left.

"Shall I inform the guild, incase anything -"

"Yes, they need to be ready for anything." I interrupted him, this response made him nod.

"Of course. Excuse me." Arthur said leaving me and Andrew alone. I placed my hands onto the table and let out a big sigh.

"How long gone are you?" He asked. Shit.

"I don't know, months maybe."

"Having a child will not fix his actions. Children don't fix anything. Trust me, I know." For some reason his words gave me comfort. Because, it was the truth.

"I know. But I never thought it would come to this." I admitted to him.

"Maybe if you tell him, he may rethink his next actions." He said, before walking past me leaving me alone. And finally, for the first time in a long time, I cried. Placing my head down, I let the tears stream down my face. I avoided touching my stomach, because in my mind I felt like this child was the issue for my choices up to this point.

Then I felt someone touch my shoulder. "You okay?" I quickly moved my hands to wipe the tears away off my face. "Victoria, talk to me. Please?" I heard Liz say. I let out a shaky breath, before telling her I was fine. But I knew that she didn't believe me. "Victoria, I cannot help you, if you don't tell me." Before she could say anything else, I grabbed her hand and placed it on my stomach and I turned my face to the side to look at her.

"I'm sorry." She pulled her hand away and forced me to turn to her by my shoulders.

"You don't have to do this, I can send some scouts, archers." I shook my head, as she tried to find her words. "If I knew this before, I... I wouldn't of agreed to this."

"I need to do this Liz. I need to." I told her.

"Fine, but I'll watch over you with a few others. And once you send the signal we'll assist." I smiled and nod, and then she pulled me into a big hug, squeezing me not wanting to let go. "I'm glad you told me, but not happy that you told me now." I let out a little laugh.

"Didn't want you to worry."

"I've worried about you since you were little, and I'll continue to do so until you're old."