Chapter 14: Sparrow's Past

Hey guys in this chapter it's going to be in sparrow's POV just in case you get confused. And it's going to be a really long chapter. Love you.

Edited 5/12/16 by SpiritWriter1

----

"Sparrow, who was your first kill?" I heard Victoria ask me.

"It's long story," I told her.

"Tell me," she said.

I sighed nodding.

----

"Sparrow! Come in! We have a guest for you!" I heard my slut of a stepmother say.

I quickly hid my knifes under the cupboard and walked out of my room and into the dining room. I saw my stepmom and a random girl. Please don't tell me she found another prostitute again, I thought.

"Sparrow, this is Eleanor! Her parents have proposed to you for her hand in marriage!"

"No, I'm good," I said, walking away from them both, but my mother's servant stopped me.

"Sparrow! You're marrying her wether you like it or not! Her father even insisted on you marrying her. You're not getting any younger."

I laughed. No, but I am getting older.

"She looks like she fourteen!" I told her, pointing at Eleanor.

"Sparrow, she's fifteen, and you're seventeen," my step mother said to me.

Still, I was not marrying her.

"I really don't give a shit!" I said, leaving them both shocked.

I couldn't get past the servant, so instead, I grabbed a fork from the dining table and stabbed his arm, making him move out of the way.Quickly, I ran past him, straight into my chamber. I opened my window and climbed out onto the roof. I got up and started to walk from rooftop to rooftop. It was night time, so it was quite dark.

Jumping down next to a house, I saw the glow of dim candlelight, so I popped my head out a bit so that they couldn't see me. Inside, I saw a little girl and her father. What book was he reading to her? I wondered. The window was a bit open, so I could hear them.

"Father, why doesn't mother like me playing with knifes?" The young girl asked her father.

"Well . . . Victoria, you're mother is a woman, and women aren't meant to hold a knife. Your mother and I had different backgrounds, so that's why we don't agree all the time with each other."

So, the girl's name was Victoria. She looked about seven.

"But mommy sometimes even says that a woman needs to defend herself, but she gets scared when she sees blood!" she said, laughing a bit.

"How about this. You and me, tomorrow night, train when you're mother isn't here?" he asked Victoria, making her nod in excitement. He kissed her forehead gently before putting the book to the desk and tucking her into bed. Then he walked over to the door and closed it behind him.

I turned away and went back down onto the streets.

"Hey, Sparrow! Heard you're getting married!"

I turned around to see Matthew walking up to me. I laughed, shaking my head.

"This girl's dad is wanting his daughter for my hand in marriage," he said, "I've got no choice have I?"