Chapter 49: Alcohol and Smoke

52k reads and 1.95k votes thank you all. And sorry for the late update I've been busy lately so you can complain about my lateness in the comments. And this is a short chapter.

Edited

-James-

I placed pipe against my lips and inhaled the smoke into my body, and I could feel Jacob eyes on me making me look at him. "Yes?"

"What you smoking?" Jacob asked me.

"It's this Italian tobacco, I only smoke when I'm away from the kids and the wife." I then placed the pip back into my mouth and inhaled the smoke and then blew it out.

"Can I try some?" I nodded and handed the pipe to him, I didn't have anything so I was ok. He then placed the pipe into his mouth and inhaled and past the pipe back to me, he blew the smoke out and he blinked his eyes a couple of time. "Ok that's good." Jacob said making me laugh.

"So how long have you you been traveling?" I asked Jacob.

"I was a kid and I wanted to leave this shithole so when I turned seventeen I joined a ship and then over the years I became captain." I nodded I mean it seems fun to adventure around the world. "I mean I had a girl to go home to after months of traveling."

"So why aren't you with her?" I asked Jacob.

"The French. The fucking French I told her to stay hidden below deck but they found her and they killed her right in front of me." He added. "But we were lucky to have allies come before we were all killed."

"And you blame the French for ruining your life?"

"Of course I do, they'd kill a woman but not kill me."Jacob said to me.

"Well I hate the French just as much as you." I said to Jacob. Then Jacob brought out a bottle of liquor out of his inside coat pocket, he opened the bottle and placed the bottle to his lips and started drinking. He brought it away from his lips and handed it towards me. I looked at him and he nodded, I raised my hand towards the bottle in Jacob's hand and slowly grabbed it as he let go of the bottle making my hand end up with a tight grip on it.

"What happens underground,stays underground." I nodded at his words and brought the bottle to my mouth. It was strong as I felt it go down my throat and burn my insides making me feel warm. After a almost full bottle of Jacob's alcohol bottle we were talking about embarrassing things about us, us laughing for no reason and we sharing the pipe.

"Jacob?" We I heard Jacob's name being called I recognised the voice, it was like mine but a little deeper. I realised that I had to face my brother drunk and not wanting to meet him this way.