Charlie x Pirate! reader Golden age of piracy AU

*Btw reader is basically gonna be like Edward Kenway from ac4 highly recommend listening to the music provided above (1:19 is best part if u wish to skip)*

 The year is 1715, piracy rules the waves of the Caribbean and the king's vessels lived in fear on the ocean. Many Navy men feared one pirate in particular who ranked amongst the most clever.

He was ruthless, cutting down anyone who dared to stand in the way of his prize. Using two swords, four pistols and two hidden knifes he was the captain of a fearsome ship with a bloodthirsty crew.

This pirate's name was (Y/n) (L/n) one of the most hated pirate by Royal armies. 

Charlie found the tales told of him interesting, many times she had heard tales told of him by fearful men of war and sailors alike all checked behind them as though mentioning him could summon his presence.

"They say he took a galleon by himself."

"Ah rot! I don't believe it surely one of the King's men could cut him down."

"Nah they say he fights like a devil and picks fights with the king's navy just for fun. Friend of mine said he saw him in Kingston in the crowd then gone in like the wind. Later that day an important business man visitin' down there was found killed definitely had to be (L/n)'s work."

Charlie listened in on the conversion at this bar uninterested at first until she heard the name. Charlie grew up in a wealthy family in a small colony in the West Indies ships came and went in the port as did the sailors passing on these tales.

Charlie often dress up like a commoner to not attract attention as she visited the bar to listen to such interesting stories.

This, (Y/n) (L/n) seemed to be the most frequent star in the tales.

She wondered what he looked like was he a rugged sailor or a prim and proper pirate like the scoundrel Ben Hornigold.

Little did she know she was soon to meet the deadly pirate mentioned by every sailor she ever saw.

Her father instructed her that she and him would board a ship to sail to Havana for a business meeting and he wished for her to join. Being a good daughter and listening to her father she did as instructed and boarded the ship saying goodbye to her mother for the next few days upon the merchant ship.

The first few days aboard the ship provided little to no entertainment so she kept to herself reading books and staring out at the sea.

Until one day.

As she rested the next thing she knew the ship shook with the sound of an explosion and the splintering of wood. Charlie jolted awake by the disturbance fear overriding her senses as a word she never hoped to hear was shouted out from outside the cabin.

"Pirates! We're being attacked by Pirates! Get the weapons Gah!" Another explosion hit and the man was cut off  as screams and returning volleys of cannon fire were sent.

"Charlotte! Come along lets see what is going on!" Her father stated as another explosion hit in retaliation making him stumble. 

As they stood on the main deck they noticed the darkness of night first and the men running to and fro in panic as they pointed at something off in the distance of the dark fog. Charlie squinted as she attempted to see what was in the darkness.

It was a ship a large and menacing thing barreling towards them with tattered sails and a Jolly roger flag lazily flying in the wind a strange symbol around the skull.

As she stared at the ship she noticed him, a figure stood at the bow thunder cracked into the water behind the ship illuminating his features. 

The man wore a white hood over his face concealing his face two pistols holstered on his chest and two swords sheathed at his hips.

Charlie paled in fear as she watched him turn and walk off onto the ship and manning the helm turning it hard to starboard as it approached.

The ship's side crashed into the merchant ship the beams holding it's sails cut into the shrouds of the merchant ship entangling both ships. Hooks flew unto the deck and pulled back getting caught on the railing to keep them in place.

"Drag them down to hell lads!" A voice shouted as the pirates roared in cheer and rushed unto the merchant ship attacking anyone armed with weaponry.

The fight did not last long the merchant ship had little defense against the large number of pirates and quickly they were defeated.

Charlie saw how easily the hooded man took down the merchant fighters cutting them down with two swords brutally killing them.

Everyone else surrendered and Charlie hugged her father in fear.

"What do we have 'ere? A pretty thing you are." One pirate sneered as he pulled her away from her father.

"No let her go!" Her father jumped up only for a pirate to put a knife to his neck.

"No get off me you murderous bastard!"

"Enough of that!" Someone shouted stopping the pirate in his tracks. They all turned to see the hooded man approach.

"Aye Captain (L/n)." The pirate grumbled 

Charlie looked over at the hooded man in surprise and terror. This was (Y/n) (L/n) the fearsome pirate? 

Charlie watched him pull down his hood revealing his handsome feature as he walked up to her inspecting her with a sly grin.

"What are you doing here Lass? Don't you know women on board a ship brings bad luck?" He mused as his crew laughed around him. Charlie frowned at the awful handsome man.

"You thieving pirate bastards made ash of my sails and killed my crew! I'll have you hanged!" The captain of the merchant ship shouted at (Y/n) who casually turned and shot him making Charlie scream at the sudden violent action.

"Now where are the goods at may I ask." (Y/n) stated as he turned to Charlie's father.

"Suck a muzzle gobshite! You won't have it."he growled at (Y/n) who grinned at him

"Then I'll take your daughter as my wife." (Y/n) smirked watching him scoff and Charlie blush whilst she a stood there in fear.

"Go ahead take her my goods are mine!" Charlie's eyes widened in terror at what her father just said he abandoned her!?

"Giving away your daughter to save yourself a profit? disgraceful. Lock em in the hold and take anything that isn't nailed down, the lass is mine no one touches her! If you do I'll feed you to the sharks." (Y/n) stated as he pulled Charlie along ignoring her father scream profanities and curses at him as he was pulled away by a pirate. 

Charlie yelled and thrashed as she was pulled aboard onto the ship on board her new home.