10:46 PM. FaceTime - Ross.

I walk over and click the green button. His face pops up. It shows him standing in the bathroom, a small towel wrapped tightly around his waist. His fingers are gripping a toothbrush, applying a small amount of toothpaste.

"Hi bub," he says, angling his shoulders down so he can look better into the phone and camera.

My phone is tight in my hand, walking into the bathroom to start my nightly routine. "Hi, how was your day?"

Ross shrugs, brushing his teeth and taking a few moments to respond. I prop my phone up and begin applying moisturizer to my face.

"It was good. I was running around all day. Had to go to some meetings, rehearsal, dinner plans... same old shit. What about you?"

I nod, glancing down at the phone. "Went to work and did some homework," I tell him.

I haven't told him about the Kayla situation yet. I'm not sure what his reaction would be. I know if I talk about it now, I'll probably cry.

"What lives we live, huh?" He teases.

"What an exciting life you live," I reply, glancing to the mirror and rubbing in the white liquid into my face.

Ross frowns. He grabs his phone and brings it closer to his face. "I miss you."

"I miss you more," I reply honestly.

I miss you more than words can even begin to describe, so why would I try? I hate feeling like I depend on someone for happiness. I never usually am this way, but right now I feel like I could burst into tears because I'm so fucking lonely. I feel so alone and I try to keep my mind active, going to stores, taking walks around downtown after my shifts, but nothing is alleviating this sunken feeling in my chest.

I just want it to go away.

I don't think being next to him will make it feel better. If he's constantly so busy regardless, how much better could it possibly be if I'm there? If we move in together, will I just be alone in the apartment for hours after I get off work? Will I only see him when I'm sleeping and he creeps into the bedroom, trying desperately not to wake me, but the second I feel the bed dip down is the only time I have with him before he instantly falls asleep?

"Hayl?" He says, my eyes immediately focusing back onto him. "Did you hear me? I don't know if my WiFi is cutting out."

I shake my head. "No, sorry. What'd you say?"

"Have you given anymore thought about coming to Cali this weekend? Did Mike fix the schedule?"

Fuck, I totally forgot about asking him today. I asked off for two days leading up to the weekend as well as the weekend off. I've been pulling longer shifts to make it work. My shift today was 12 hours, my brain is fried so I'm not surprised I forgot.

I shake my head. "No, I'm sorry. I totally forgot. I'll ask tomorrow when I go in. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I just want to see you." He walks into his bedroom now. "Just want to cuddle you."

Rocky yells from his bedroom. "Aww, so come in here!"

Ross turns to the camera. "That's who I have to cuddle with if you don't come. Please don't make me do that."

I smile. "I promise I'm trying. I'll let you know tomorrow."

He closes his door, propping his phone on his dresser to grab a pair of boxers to sleep in. "Okay good. Do you have a long shift tomorrow too?"