5 - Party time

7:25am

I had the worst dream about Colby last night. How could my mind possibly treat me like this? Has all this trauma with Damon really messed me up that much? I would HATE for anything bad to happen to Colby. Maybe I was just terrified Damon was going to do something. Ugh what is my life.

Last night, Colby dropped me home after a really nice dinner. We both laughed a lot and had a really good time. The night flew by faster than I wish it did. I cherished the moment. I wouldn't have changed last night for the world. Colby paid for our dinner and then drove me home. 

"I hope you had a good night, Paris" He said as he walked me to my front door. 

It was nearly midnight when we got back. I could hear the owls hooting amongst the trees in the distance. I bet my mum was worried but I didn't have a care in the world. I was finally relaxed for there first time since I can remember. I deserved this.

"Thank you so much for tonight, Colby. I really enjoyed it. You've really helped take my mind off of things." I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear. I wanted to launch myself into his arms so badly.

He gave me a quick hug, squeezed my arm and told me to have a good sleep. He smirked at me before he swiftly turned around and jogged back to his car.

When I woke up this morning, my Siberian husky, Blue, was licking my cheek. I guess she can tell I'm in pain. Bless her. I snatched my phone from my bedside table, launching the charging cable into oblivion. 

Aspen: Are you okay? What you doing today?

Today was Saturday. I was hoping to relax today.

Colby: Last night was fun x

Why is he thanking me? I should be thanking him? I told them both I wanted to relax today. They both understood and proceeded to send me reassuring messages. My mum was away for the weekend. Once I remembered, my heart sank. What if Damon invites himself in? This was the point I realised I wouldn't be able to relax after all. 

Me: Fuck it. Fancy a night out? x

Aspen: OF COURSE!!!!!

Colby: I'm going to a party tonight. Id love you to come? xxx

How convenient. I smiled at my phone.

Me: Only if Aspen can come? x

Colby: Of course :) xo

Me: ASPEN ASPEN ASPEN

Aspen: What what what

Me: We're going to a party with Colby!

Aspen: Woah okay. What time? Where? Does he have hot friends!?

Me: He does ;)

He said its a dressy party which wasn't ideal as my wardrobe wasn't exactly 'dressy'. I told Aspen to meet me at mine for around 7 o clock. I trashed my room trying to find an outfit. It ended in a meltdown. The only thing I had was my old prom dress. Was that too dressy?

_________________________________________________________________

6:30pm

Colby sent me a photo of him on Snapchat. It appeared he was wearing a suit. Maybe my prom dress wasn't such a bad idea. Aspen was due to arrive any minute. The last thing i wanted to do was be a 'try hard' so I made sure that I didn't go heavy on my makeup and hair. 

"Wow you look fancy in your short ass dress!" a voice appeared from behind me.

"Aspen!" I shrieked as I ran over to hug her. "Mini dress, maxi confidence, that's how I wear it!"

"You're totally right with that one..." she nodded.

Aspen was wearing a black bodycon dress which hugged her curves with 6 inch heels. I'm personally not a fan of wearing stilettos. 

"Are you ready to go?" Aspen asked.

I applied a final layer of baby pink lip gloss, tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and slipped my chunky ankle boots on. "Tell me these shoes aren't fire!" I said whilst scooping up my clutch bag from my bed.

"You look HOT..." she wolf whistled at me and checked me out imitating one of those creepy builders. I giggled.

We called an taxi and entered the address.

546 Maplehurst Park Drive

It sounded FANCY. And after closer inspection on google maps it was indeed, fancy.

As we pulled up to the house I realised it was more of a mansion! I forgot Colby is mega rich which meant his friends must be too...

"This house has gates, a fountain in the front garden, a pool, fancy cars...where are we!?" Aspen said in disbelief. "Tonight is going to be crazy."

I didn't even have any words. We exited the taxi and walked up the long driveway. There were so many people everywhere. Now we just needed to find Colby. We entered the front door and were greeted by a crowd of people chatting and dancing. My social anxiety went through the roof. 

"I'm going to need a drink." I gulped.

"I second that..." Aspen agreed.

I took her hand and we paraded through the living are to the kitchen. I'd never been to a party like this before so I didn't know if we should've brought our own drinks or not. As I stepped into the kitchen I saw a table full of drinks like cider, wine, beer, punch and had a sign saying 'please help yourself'. We both got some punch. It felt weird helping myself when I didn't even know who's house I was at. I didn't even ask Colby what his friends name was. I knew it wasn;t Sam's party.

Colby: Hey Paris, I'm going to be a little late. Cya in about an hour :) xxx

"I guess we've got to occupy ourselves for an hour then." I smiled at Aspen.

20 minutes passed and we were both already a good few drinks down. Neither of us are lightweights so all we felt was a bit wavy.