3 - The Diner

3:15am

So last night I spent an entire evening with Colby and I got back at 1am. I can't sleep because he's still texting me. In fact, i never want to stop messaging him.

Colby: You really are just as gorgeous as your Instagram photos lol xx

EEK.

Me: You saw me in person a while ago did you forget? xx

I was hoping he actually remembered me. He was pretty wasted when we met both times and i can't imagine he's got a shortage of girls he sees.

Colby: No i haven't forgotten. I always wanted to get to know you better if i'm honest x

My heart started leaping around my chest causing me to smile like an idiot. Wow. I needed to text Aspen. I was desperate to tell her all of this but I needed to let her in on the Damon gossip first. Even my best friend wasn't aware of the way Damon's been treating me. I hid it away for so long.

Me: Hey Aspen! I'm going to give you access to my Instagram account. Please read mine and Damon's chats. I want you to get a taste of what he's really like. I'm sorry i haven't told you all this sooner but i can't deal with it any longer. My username is parisrose170 and my password is paris77 xx

She was likely asleep but sending her that message lifted a huge weight off my chest.

Me: Thank you for today Colby honestly. x

I couldn't believe that I was laying in bed on a random summers night, messaging COLBY BROCK.

Colby: That's okay. Maybe we should do it again? I'm about to head to bed now. Goodnight Paris xx

Me: Sleep Well xx

He double tapped my message (liked it) and didn't reply. I assumed he went to sleep. I hadn't been this excited in a while. I checked my messages from Damon. I was curious to see if he had apologised to me yet. Not that I'd really care.

Damon: Next time don't be a brat and I won't give you what you deserve. If you tell anyone about it i'll hurt you, Paris. I'm not joking...

Nice apology. I was definitely not going to reply to that. I swallowed the anger whilst it was a fire-seed but forgot to drink something cool, and so it grew and grew in my stomach until it came out as hot as any dragon has ever flamed. I was fuming. I hated that he treated me like this and got away with it. I wanted to expose him so badly but was afraid i'd get hurt by him in the process. I am scared of my own boyfriend. That's if you could even call him that anymore...maybe it's finally time to end things.

________________________________________________________________________________

7:25am

I was woken up by my alarm. I don't know why I set it so early considering i usually get up at 8am. My stomach got butterflies and started somersaulting when i realised what happened last night wasn't just a dream. My warm feeling was snatched from me, abruptly, when i saw my cheek in the mirror. It was so obvious someone had hit me. My smile shrivelled into a scowl and I screamed internally. I HATE Damon! Luckily, I had woken up early. I ran over to my dressing table, threw all of my makeup out of the bag and scattered it over the desk. I needed to cover this up, now. 

Aspen: Meet me at 8:15?

Me: Come to mine ASAP

Aspen: Ok.

I needed to see her reaction. I didn't know if she'd read the messages yet or not. Her 'ok' was blunt and says to me she has but maybe that's just me going crazy and overthinking everything. I really hoped she wasn't mad at me for not keeping her in the loop.