7 - Colby's Ex Girlfriend

Sam took me back to his house. It meant a lot to me that he even offered because I desperately did not want to go home alone without my mum being there. I could only imagine if Damon let himself into my house. I didn't have the heart to tell my mum about him yet either so if anything happened I'd rather just avoid it altogether. Sam's house was really nice. It was a 4 bed detached house and he had a hot tub in the garden. He showed me to my room which was next door to his. It had a double bed with an ensuite and it was pretty nice. I didn't have anything to wear or anything with me so Sam went to fetch me a spare t-shirt for me to sleep in.

"I hope this is okay," he knocked and walked into the room. He handed me a plain black t-shirt.

"Thanks Sam," I smiled at him. I think he noticed that i felt a bit down.

"Are you tired?" He asked.

I shook my head. My thoughts were racing around my head. There's no way i'd be sleeping anytime soon.

"Want to go in the hot tub?" 

"Sure why not." I said.

I've never been super confident with my body but i knew i was wearing a black bra and black knickers so it's technically a bikini anyways. For a split second i thought it might be a bad idea but surely Sam wouldn't suggest it if he knew Colby would be upset. They're best friends after all. I wasn't even sure why i cared. Colby was acting weird all night ever since his ex showed up and we're not even dating. I don't know why im bothered. I shrugged it off and went to the hot tub with Sam.

It was chilly outside. The steam from the hot tub was illuminated by the blue LEDS in the water. It was beautiful. 

"It's warm in here hop in," he said as he gestured for me to get in.

I was slightly nervous for him to see my body. I have a few scars on my arms and thighs from when i went through a rough patch with my mental health. I hoped he didn't judge me for it. I mustered the courage and dropped my towel over the edge of one of the garden chairs and revealed my body. I turned around standing in just my bra and knickers and looked at Sam who seemed like he was in a trance. He was staring at me from head to toe. I think we had a brief moment of eye contact in complete silence but I might be wrong. I still felt a little tipsy from all the drinks i had at the party.

"Can i ask you something?" I said. I stepped into the hot tub and sat beside him.

"Of course," He smiled. His smile was so adorable and so welcoming. I was gobsmacked that i was even here with him. I went from being unnoticed to spending time with the YouTubers everyone fangirls over. It was surreal but somehow I was just so composed. It felt so right.

"How long did Colby date Liv for?" I croaked.

I was dreading finding out anything about her but I needed to know. I couldn't stop replaying earlier in my head. What if they're still a thing?

Sam sighed. Great. I wish i never said anything.

"Can we keep this between us?" He raised his eyebrow. I nodded.

"So Colby has had a lot of girls. I'm sure you know that already..." He started. Unfortunately i did know that and it was exactly what i had expected but i nodded for him to carry on. "I've never been the sort of guy to get with a lot of girls. I prefer commitment and spending time with the right people. Colby is almost like the opposite of me. He doesn't settle down, he's reckless, he finds it hard to open up to people and he has major trust issues."

"So where does Liv come into the equation?" I asked. My heart was racing. I was so eager to know.

"Liv was his first ever girlfriend. Colby was only 15 when they started dating and for context he is 23 now which I'm sure you know. He wasn't always a player and he hasn't always had trust issues. He used to be super outgoing, care-free and very kind to everyone around him. Liv changed him. At first they were the cutest couple in school. The 'it' couple as everyone called them. But then she hurt him...badly. She cheated on him with multiple guys, lied to him and pretty much caused him to do a whole 180. He's still a lovely guy and he's my best-friend but not many people know him on that level. Especially on social media. He doesn't portray his real self." Sam looked away from me. He knew he shouldn't be telling me this. My heart sank. I saw a side of Colby he probably doesn't show people often which made me feel special but this whole Liv thing was making me feel uneasy.