Brawl in the Family

Watching Lex walking off into the distance didn't sit well with Y/n, the only thing keeping you from rushing after him was the warning you had gotten from the voice coming from your pendant.

You: Ok start talking who and what are you?

Titania: My name is Titania and as for what I am, I'm a member of the fae folk or as you humans would call us, faeries.

You: Faeries? So you're something out of a kids book.

Titania: Though there are some truth to those tales, I would appreciate it if you didn't compare me to something out of a children's book.

You: Uh ok sorry, so what were you saying about that not being Lex.

Titania: Judging from the aura surrounding his body, I would likely say that another soul is forcefully inhabiting it.

You: Is it another person or maybe a fae?

Titania: Sadly I don't know. In these times my kind only exist as ephemeral beings, we make up the natural barriers that protect your kingdoms from those nasty Grimm.

You: Then I can't just let whoever that is roam around.

Titania: I'm not completely sure but if it is a fae it would be wise for you not to engage them recklessly.

You: Or I could end up with my body stolen.

Titania: True but there is a way to prevent that, and it would be beneficial to the both of us.

You: That would be?

Titania: Enter a pact with me, then you would be under my protection.

You: How would you benefit?

Titania: I wouldn't be bored. Probably not the best reason to accept but-

You: You did save me before so yeah I'll accept.

Titania: (excitedly) Really! Wonderful! Now the real fun can begin.

The pendant around your neck started to glow, the color changing from yellow to red, at the same time you felt a burning sensation on the back of your left hand. Examining it you saw a symbol was now printed on your hand.

Titania: With this our pact is now complete, my little sapling

You: Sapling? What am I some baby tree?

Titania: We of the fae are very in tune with nature, and like the branch that grows from the sapling, the power of our bond will flow from one to the other.

You didn't really understand what she meant but she sounded happy and sincere.

You: (examining mark) Well If you say so.