// CHAPTER ELEVEN //

"So what, is this your bird?" The burly guy laughed, daring to raise an eyebrow at Matty. He looked furious, like he was going to snap at any moment.

"No," Matty snapped, looking over to me and crinkling his nose slightly, as if the thought disgusted him. "But she's a good friend so keep your hands to yourself Chad, otherwise I'll fucking cut them off." I tried to ignore the lurch in my chest as my heart dropped at his harsh words and instead focussed on the direction of this conversation. It wasn't looking good.

"Matty mate, chill out." Ross said calmly, his hands outstretched and pleading. Matty shot him a glare before slumping back into his chair. A piece of hair had come loose and was dangling over his forehead. He looked even more attractive when he was angry, his jaw was twitching and I could see his fingers drumming over his arms in frustration. 

"Yeah Matty, chill out. Otherwise dear old Chad here is gonna chase you up on the money you owe me a lot sooner." Chad growled, before taking a stride over to the couch me and George were sat. Wait, was this Matty's dealer? He scooched as close as possible to me, his cheap out-dated cologne stung my nostrils as he violated my personal space. I cringed and screwed my eyes shut for a moment, before opening them again and trying to squeeze closer to George. He was out like a light and had now flopped over the arm of the couch, his bum sticking up in the air slightly.

"Where you going?" Chad grinned menacingly, hooking his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him with enough force to cause me to fall slightly onto his lap. I struggled to get up but the muscles in his arm were like stone, I couldn't move from my bent over position. 

"Please, I-" I started, before the weight was suddenly lifted off me and I was able to spring up. When I looked back to my previous postition, Matty had tackled Chad to the floor and was sitting on top of him, his skinny arms and legs pinned tightly either side of him. The sight would have been comical, his chicken-like limbs juxtaposed with Chad's thick muscular body. If it weren't for Matty pounding his fist against his face.

"Matty!" I'd heard myself scream, but my body was paralysed as I'd attempted to make a move towards them brawling on the floor. A small crowd had now gathered, cheering them on and clapping to encourage them. Droplets of blood were scattering and staining the hardwood floor, but it was hard tell who it belonged to; Matty's knuckles were split open, just as was Chad's nose. Adam and Ross quickly scurried to their feet, linking an arm each under Matty's and pulling him off. He started thrashing about in their arms, kicking out and screaming at the top of his lungs. The electric blue of his veins were becoming more and more visible in his neck as his anger and frustration were let loose with this outburst. Chad got to his feet and straighted himsef up before releasing a roar of laughter.

"You just made a huge mistake Matt," He grinned with menace, blood outlining the edges of his white teeth before turning and fighting his way through the crowd of people, a few of his cronies following closely behind. "I want my money by the end of the week."

"It's Matty," he growled, "and go fuck yourself."

----------

"Stop whinging." I sighed, cleaning the now bloodied rag in the sink full of red-tainted water.

"Then stop being so rough, fucking hell." Matty snapped, pulling his bloodied hand away from my grasp.

"Do you want me to help you or not?" I said, holding out my hand for him to place his in yet again. He scowled at me and puckered his bottom lip out like a toddler before placing his palm in mine, scooting closer to the edge of the toilet seat as I stood inbetween his bent legs.

"I don't need your help."

"Well you following me back to my dorm instead of going home with your room mate says otherwise." I smirked, being greated with an exasperated eye roll. "And whilst we're on the subject, I didn't ask you to pumell Chad to a million pieces because he had his arm around me."

"Oh please, that wasn't because of you." Matty scoffed, turning away from me, his cheeks displaying a now pink tint. I smied to myself, before washing the remaining blood away. Matty inspected his knuckles, running his fingers tenderly over the pale skin covering them before pushing himself off the toilet seat and exiting the bathroom. I followed behind, seeing his bouncy mess of curls walk into my room. When I walked in, he was lounging on my bed, kicking off his boots and crossing his legs over one another and folding his hands behind his head.

"I think Brad's out for the night so you can sleep in his room if you wa-" 

"Why can't I sleep in here?" Matty asked, sitting up suddenly. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I tried to conceal my embarrasment, stuttering wildly in a childish attempt to stall for time to think up an excuse. A big grin plastered itself across Matty's face.

"You've never had anyboody in your bed before. You're a virgin." He grinned, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't be stupid, I've had people in my bed before." I spat, crossing the room to grab a night shirt off the back of my desk chair.

"But you're still a virgin?"

"Yes and frankly I don't see what's so bad about it." I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest, my fist clenched around the soft black fabric dangling down my forearm.

"Nothing's wrong with it, it's quite refreshing actually. I just hadn't put you down as an innocent one that's all." Matty smiled, sliding his jeans down his ankles and kicking them off entirely, leaving a grey set of tight boxers covering his small frame. "Now are you going to get into this bed, or am I going to have to drag you into it?"

I sighed and turned away to face the wall and slid off my dress and tights, quickly pulling my shirt over my head. It covered just above my thighs and I cursed myself for not picking out something more appropriate given the circumstances. I turned around to see a semi-naked Matty sliding underneath my duvet covers, his bare chest exposed revealing all his tattoos. He held out the covers for me to join him in the small bed, and I hesitated before climbing in next to him, joining him in the darkness engulfing my room.

"Why are you even here Matty?" I whispered after a few moments of silence, turning to face away from his body.

"Is a grown man not entitled to a cuddle after a long day?" He whispered back, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.