// CHAPTER FIFTY TWO //

A/N: I don't want you all to think I'm moaning at you, because you're all amazing, but PLEASE make sure you vote for the chapters if you like reading them! It takes a lot of time for me to write these, especially since this is a much longer fanfic than most, and it's amazing that some of you are reading them the minute I put them up (I check, cus I'm sad like that). But when 50 people have read the chapter in the first 10 minutes or so, and only one of you has voted for it, it kinda stings a little. Voting really helps me out because it advertises my book under headings such as "Stories you might like" and "Hidden Gems", and is also more likely to appear in "Recommendations" to other people who read similar things. If you like this book, then please show it and vote!! More readers means more people to fan girl with, more singalongs in the comments, and more band references! Thank you all so much for reading so far, you're the best. ❤️❤️  

Matty's P.O.V

So here we are, back in London. I took the cigarette that I'd placed behind my ear earlier and lit it. I was on the other side of the city, miles away from George and I's flat. Miles away from Avery. We'd finished our tour in America, and we now had the rest of the UK to do before we were able to have a break and record some new music. I've been writing, but it's all been pish. I've lost my muse, what do I expect. 

George walked towards me, a fag hanging out his mouth and a cheeky grin on his face. He stuck his neck out and shielded the cig either side with his hands. I rolled my eyes, pulling out my lighter once again and setting it alight. 

"Why'd you look so glum?" He asked, leaning against the wall alongside me. We were stood outside our hotel, watching nobody in particular as they briskly walked past us, not paying us any attention. It was a relief, being somewhere familiar and knowing we weren't going to get ambushed by screaming teenage girls for just standing out on the curb. London was still too busy with itself to pay any mind to someone 'famous', everyone had places to go and people to meet. I was glad to see it hadn't changed in the year I'd been away from it.

I turned my head to face George and glared at him, and he raised his eyebrows knowingly.

"Oh. Still?"

"Yes George, still." 

"I thought you'd have forgotten about her by now."

I took a drag from my cigarette. "Well, have you?" George shook his head no, and looked down at his twiddling thumbs.  "And it's clear Adam hasn't. The guy still won't even speak to me."

"Yeah. It's like everything's falling apart just as it was coming together." George sighed, pulling his windswept hair out of his face. "Just look forward to this gig we've got coming up man, it'll be good. We might even see a few familiar faces."

---
Avery's P.O.V

"No."

"But Avery, please!" Tessa begged. I rolled my eyes before walking past her and towards the kettle, turning it on.

"No. Not a chance." 

"But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" She whined, dragging on her sentence. I looked at her and she frowned drastically, complete with puppy eyes.

"I don't like The 1975." 

"But I don't know anybody else who will go with me. Callum and Brad are on a Geo trip, and Emily's visiting home for the weekend. I don't have any other friends to ask." Tessa whimpered, pulling out one of the chairs and slumping into it. I couldn't help but look at her stomach. Tessa had just come back from basketball practice, and was wearing nothing but a sports bra and her baggy shorts. Even when she was sat down, she had no stomach rolls. She was slim, toned and curvy - everything I could only dream about. "Please Avery, you're my best friend here. Maybe even back in Texas. You'll have fun once we get there."

I pulled my eyes away and sighed, before pouring the boiled water from the kettle into my mug. It was a Winnie the Pooh one that my mum had bought me from the Disney store back home. Being Disney mad, she'd packaged it up with a note - "Close friends are life's greatest and most abiding treasures. Cherish your time together, for it won't be long until you're back home annoying your brother and turning up at 4am, drunk, with sick down your top crying about how you and Emily have fallen out again. But until then, just remember: "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever." - Winnie the Pooh. I miss you love bug." I liked it so much I'd attached the note to the handle of my mug with a blue ribbon, which I was now looping around my little finger. 

"Why did I have to use this mug..." I muttered under my breath with a sigh. My mum was always right.

"What?"

"Nothing." I said, turning around to face her. I took a deep breath. "Fine. I'll go." Tessa instantly jumped up and squealed, rushing towards me and pulling me into a hug. "But we're only going to the concert. No after party. No waiting around, nothing. Deal?"

"Deal!" She clapped giddily. "I've got to go get ready!" Tessa instantly took off towards the shower, grabbing her towel from her gym bag in the process. 

"Bu-What? Tess it's 2'o'clock?" I shouted after her, shaking my head as a big grin plastered itself onto my face. I wasn't looking forward to tonight, to seeing him and the rest of the lads and reliving past memories, wondering what life could have been like if things had turned out differently. That part I was dreading. However, I was looking forward to making new memories with Tessa. My friend, a best friend... a friend for life.