Jax had his bed only half lofted—which if you asked me was kind of dumb. It wasn't high enough to fit a desk under it, but it wasn't low enough to easily flop onto it either; I mean, maybe it was for him, being that he was so tall, but it certainly wasn't ideal for me. I was about to push myself up when Jax suddenly scooped me up in his arms.

Another huge thunder cracked the sky and I tightened my grip around Jaxon's neck, enjoying the feel of his warm skin pressed against me and the flex of his muscles as he supported my weight. He held me for a moment before leaning over to place me gently onto the mattress. I cowered into the sheets while I waited for Jax to get situated beside me.

"Come here," he said, pulling me back into his chest while tucking the blankets around us. "Fuck, you're shaking so bad."

"I know," I admitted, "I'm just... terrified of thunder storms. The fear is so much worse now since... well you know, my current situation and the storm that night."

I couldn't go into specifics because Blake was in the room. He was asleep, but we couldn't be too careful. Besides, Jax knew all of this already anyway.

He hugged me tighter and stroked my hair. "Shhhh... I know. It's okay... I'm here. Try and calm down, it's only thunder."

I nodded into his chest as I trembled, and another tear escaped, soaking into his warm skin. My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like I could barely breathe. God, I felt like such a wimp.

"I hate seeing you so scared; what can I do?" Jax asked as he brushed a tear away with his thumb.

"You're already doing it," I admitted. Really, just having him here holding me was helping me feel safe, but the fear was still there, and it wasn't going to go away until the thunder ended.

Thankfully, after a while, it did. I couldn't hear any more thunder or even rain, and I was finally able to calm down.

"Finally, I was getting worried with all of your shaking," Jax commented when I had finally calmed. He had been so still that I honestly thought he was sleeping.

"I'm sorry," I offered, "I really should see a therapist about this some day when all this is over. Do you want me to go back to my room now?"

Jaxon yawned. "Nah, you're already here and it's really late."

"Okay, thank you," I replied, settling into his chest again.

"You can stay," Jax repeated, "but can you move over a little? I'm so fucking hot right now."

I chuckled at him, "Really?"

"Yeah, seriously, it's like a million degrees in here. Move it over now that you're not scared anymore."

I rolled my eyes but complied. As much as I wanted to snuggle up with him all night, I respected his honesty. Besides, he was nice enough to hold me close until I stopped shaking despite feeling so hot.

Plus, even without him holding me, I was able to fall asleep again just knowing he was next to me.

Still, this was not the restful night I hoped it would be. I woke up again in his bed, shaking with cold. Jax must have cranked the air up when I fell asleep and kept the air on max cool. I inched my way closer to Jax's sleeping body, pressing my body to his warm skin.

"What the!?" He said, flipping over to face me.

"What?" I questioned, surprised by his reaction.

"Fuck your hands are freezing," he whispered.

"I'm freezing. Can I come closer to you again?"

"Yes," he sighed, pulling me close so that I could snuggle him again. "Damn, you're high maintenance."